Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

$300,000 is too much for an undergrad education!

Weā€™ve been together for decades, and Iā€™ve always liked your family, but I didnā€™t realize how much I loved them until your brother had a sudden heart attack and died this morning. Now my heart is breaking for all of you.

When you handed in your notice I was sorta sorry because you are very good at the work - when you show up. Then the very next day you called in sick yet again and it made me thank God you are leaving.

Iā€™ve never encountered anyone with quite such a poor work ethic before. You are constantly late - not by minutes but HOURS. Always ā€œsickā€. You always say youā€™ll make up the time. You never do. In our busiest season when we are all expected to put in extra hours you barely made your required hours - itā€™s not like you didnā€™t know and understand the requirement when we hired you. And guess what - when one person does not hold up their end the rest end up picking up the slack. Itā€™s baffling that you think itā€™s ok to act this way. And that you felt hard done by when it was discussed with you several times.

You made my day by texting photos from London, even though my phone woke me up at 3 am! You look so happy. I love that youā€™ve already made travel plans for the next 2 weekends; I know youā€™re going to make the most of this opportunity to travel around Europe with your classmates/friends. And it sounds like youā€™re very eager to start your big project on Tuesday. I am over the moon happy and enormously proud of you. (And Iā€™m still enjoying the leftovers of the fabulous meals you created in the 48 hours that you were home.)

My church supper group this year has been an absolute dud and tonight the meet up is at my houseā€¦ I just want it to be over. I got in from a business trip after noon, so my husband did almost all the work, but stillā€¦

You are leaving in less than an hour after being home less than four days. Iā€™m so excited for you but I also want to sob. Itā€™s a joy having you home. I miss you when you are gone.

So you balked when I got the name of a recommended plumber from a friend and asked you to call and get them to come and fix whatever the problem is in the shower (cause youā€™re at home all day and Iā€™m at work). and now whatever the problem is has leaked so bad that the carpet in the adjoining room is soaked through and probably ruined. How did that money saving move work out for you? And if they have to tear the shower apart weā€™ll have nowhere to wash because youā€™ve refused for years to let me get the tub in the other bathroom fixed.

Your refusal to pay professional to do repairs to our home is really about to come back and bite is - it will cost a fortune to get this place in anywhere approaching reasonable condition.

Iā€™ve spent too many years going along to avoid an argument.

Well, Iā€™m relieved that I was able to buy things for and fill two flat rate boxes to mail to a friend who was recently diagnosed with a life-changing chronic condition after being pretty healthy all her life. We just took them to the USPS kiosk, added postage to all the forever stamps I put on the boxes and sent them.

Itā€™s just little things to hopefully make her smileā€”some satin eyeshades, some colorful nail polish, a harmonica with instruction book, Kona whole bean coffee, Several different HI edibles, a blank journal, sketch book, double-sided color pencils, and a mix to make coconut jello (called haupia). I wrapped most of the items in tissue paper and H and I each wrote a note card which we included in each box.

Itā€™s hard for me to know what to do for friends who are clear across the country, 5000+ miles away. I know how brutal chronic condition diagnoses are. Iā€™m glad she has an understanding boss who is allowing her to work from home (she used to travel 1/2 the year for her job).

H and I have known her for yearsā€”sheā€™s a wonderful person!

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever been so excited to fly for 25 hours! I am coming to see you graduate! You are amazing!

Hey Hilton Grand Vacation guy, thanks for lying to me about where I would be staying if I agreed to visit one of your resorts and listen to a 2-hour time share pitch. I read a review online from some poor sap who bought the same drivel and she got stuck at some crappy hotel across the street from the resort you promised that I would be staying at. Because of her review, I called the HGV people and they arenā€™t pleased with you. I am getting refunded (despite the fact that the packages ā€œarenā€™t refundableā€) and I hope they doc your pay for the money they are out because you are a slimeball. You just tainted this Diamond member and I will NEVER bite on one of those deals again.

Tonight I kept an annoying telemarketer on the phone all the way through giving a (fake) credit card number to his boss. Sure $1199 plus airfare to someplace in Mexico. Ha! The boss attempted to run the card and told me it wasnā€™t a valid number. I might be mean, but it was delightfully fun, even though he responded with angry, lewd comments.

It is amazingly freeing when you have absolutely nothing to lose.
Worse I have ever treated someone and hours later feel no shame.
If you dare challenge me I guarantee you will be the sorry one.

Why oh why are you having your wedding reception outdoors on May 18th, in the evening??? Temps will be in the 50s, NW wind at 15 MPH, and the pavilion will create a wind tunnel. Oh, and thanks for telling us to dress warm for the reception. Those are winter conditions.

Also, Iā€™m not looking forward to sitting at a picnic table for hours. We will probably leave early. Iā€™m too old to feel miserable for hours on end.

I get that you want to save money, but rent a climate controlled fire hall instead.

I canā€™t believe that neither of you knew this piece of information.

The game of chicken is on!

Another casual thread turned into a ā€œYou know nothingā€ diatribe. Hey, guess what? You canā€™t mandate how others feel. You donā€™t know everything. And you should really try to be a little nicer.

Saving seats is rude. The implication is your needs and time are more important than the others that came as a group and follow the rules .

Dude, donā€™t hide stuff from your own lawyerā€¦ the lawyer is on your team. ?

Bats!!! ?? ? Our little brown bats are back!! And we have a new bathouse for them.

Ms. Teacher, never put a zero as a final test grade into WebAssign while you are still grading the actual exam. Just wait until you have the grade, and then put in that number. There is no reason to start the process with a zero and substitute it with the right number later. You gave my kid a heart attack this morning.