Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

So many regrets.

Motherā€™s Day can be rough for those of us who donā€™t have relationships with our mother. At least I know that Iā€™ve been a better mom to my own kids. I chose to parent the way I wished I had been parented. Grateful to have broken the cycle.

I canā€™t sleep. I get to see both my kids next weekend for a belated Motherā€™s Day, and the older one is bringing home a girl. I think he thinks sheā€™s the one. I am buzzing with anticipation and canā€™t believe that there are four more sleeps until I get to meet her. If only I could sleep!!!

Yay, D is coming home from college on Thursday, three days earlier than planned! :slight_smile: This will be her last summer between semesters - who knows where sheā€™ll headed next year at this time! I plan to spoil her a little, but donā€™t tell her.

I canā€™t believe the number of people around me who are so concerned with themselves, first and only. And how long I put up with it. Itā€™s nice to know Iā€™m their shoulder or fit their needs in other ways. But I see it now.

My sisterā€™s three year run of sobriety is over. She had been working toward legal reunification with her son. Now she canā€™t see him at all. I have been praying that my momā€™s last years would be happy ones because she has had a very hard life. It seems that the challenges will continue, but I will continue to pray for her happiness despite them and do what I can to bring joy into her life.

The fact that I got the highest score in final exam when I am not even in the lab group lightens me up a bit.

Sheā€™s such a great person - hard working, smart, loyal, friendly, great sense of humor. Why canā€™t she catch a break?

1). So glad I brought plenty of books for this cold and wet vacation.

2). The retreat center needs to schedule specific weeks for liberal and conservative pastors. No we canā€™t all just get along when everyone else here is condemning me for being ordained as a female and one even asked if Iā€™m a lesbian because Iā€™m here alone.

Of course I said yes just to watch him sputter.

One more paper submitted. Two more to go (one mostly written, one less so) and 3 days of fieldwork and I am DONE with school forever!

Today marks the 15th anniversary of my being diagnosed with ovarian cancer, and I am one of the fortunate few to survive. I got to see my daughter, who was then in first grade, grow up, something I remember groggily despairing over as I came out of surgery to the news I had cancer. But so many wonderful women I met along the way were not so lucky. And Iā€™m also sad that treatment and early diagnosis has not appreciably improved over these 15 years. Itā€™s a disease with subtle symptoms that I donā€™t think I had, but please take a look just in case this list might help you: http://ovarian.org/about-ovarian-cancer/what-are-the-signs-a-symptoms.

Why does everything have to be about you?

The moral Iā€™m taking from todayā€™s class is ā€œrich people are terrible, the existence of states with differing laws is terrible, smash the patriarchy.ā€ Iā€™m pretty sure no one but me is drawing this same moral.

You are sooooooo messed up. Have been for years. And Iā€™m sooooo tired of it.

Huge Huge mistake

Enough, already! More than enough!

Seriously why did you offer to help with open house prep and you failed to tell me your husband scheduled elective surgery 2 days before Dā€™s graduation open house??? ???

Absolutely disgusting.

Itā€™s getting to the point where I canā€™t even scan news headlines without totally being disgusted with how monsters among us treat the most vulnerable in our society. The latest is a case in Portland, OR that I saw yesterday that has bothered me since.

The commercial on tv now, from a dot gov, promoting fatherhood (suspect I cant link it.) We called it ā€œblurping,ā€ when I was a kid. Never done on a baby, who may look like heā€™s giggling but canā€™t say Stop.

Just scares me.