Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

Time to time again, Korea shows that they don’t care about poor and old people.

I have been a middle school mom continuously since 1999, and have finally graduated! No more carpool!!!

Sometimes I’d like to start a conversation that says “how is your family not perfect?” and see what responses surface. Cause it would seem that in our midst in real and virtual life there is a lot of “even better than the Brady’s” mentality.

I wonder why people feel the need to respond with “I would never spend that much” when talking about something that person has purchased. I find it pretty rude. People are entitled to spend their money on whatever they choose. Being frugal doesn’t make you a better person. Some of us enjoy nice fabric, nice shoes, non fast food, seeing new places. I don’t tell you that I would never buy shoes at KMart or eat at Chili’s.

Sobering to think that if this mid-priced grill we just purchased lasts as long as the warranty lasts that we may move it to wherever we live in retirement. We could actually cook on this grill for family gatherings like Father’s or Mother’s Day when my kids are parents…glad we bought the one big enough to cook for 6-12 instead of 2-6, even if DH has not yet realized all this. ?

The right tools make all the difference. I wish my old one had fallen to pieces before I got all the way to the last cabinet door I was sanding. The new sander did it in half the time with half the sandpaper.

This is one of my favorite threads on CC mostly because it’s one in which people CAN’T and therefore DON’T get into pointless arguments.

I hate that you sabotage our kids’ study time. Our daughters deserve better. I hate that they don’t have a good solid father figure in their lives.

I am not sure yet if I am a fan of the way you do business, but I would never wish anything bad for you or your family. I like your wife, and she already has a lot to handle. I hope you will recover quickly and completely. And I hope you will add truly affordable health care to the list of important causes you publicly support. You command respect, so you can get people to listen.

I keep thinking about your teen-age daughter’s death post-surgery. How senseless and tragic. I don’t know how you’ll cope.

I wish it could be us who you had dinner or lunch with several times during the past week. That uncle and aunt are so lucky to live nearby. It is hard to be so far away. I got to see you a couple weeks ago at graduation, and it was so wonderful. I miss you even more now that I got to see you for a few days.

I’m so tired of women being second class citizens. I think about all the things I might have done in my life if I were a man.

I will never live here. My kids will never live here. You can live where you want.

Memorial Day is to remember those who died while protecting our country. It is not a day to remember all service men and women. That is Armed Forces Day or Veterans Day.

Why tell me you’re almost out of your Rx and need to see the doctor? You’re 21 and can arrange all of that yourself. I’m done being “mommy.”

Preceding your snotty comment with “No offense, but…” does not make you any less of a rude ass.

If a thread is more than two pages long, it probably makes sense to read more than the first and last page before commenting.

To my stupid aunt,
You lost your job as a pharmacist. You got into arguments with your boss and coworkers and pushed unnecessary medication on people. You are NOT a doctor so stop acting like one. Stop telling me and my family we’re going to die early deaths from high blood pressure. You’re raising your own blood pressure by screaming at us about problems you’re making up.
You made my big sister cry because you sent email after angry email to her because she didn’t go the college route you wanted. She has her degree in music performance from the top music school and she’s doing what she loves. If she needs help getting out of debt, then I will help her when I’m older. My parents will help her too. So shut up. I don’t care if she accumulates debt, and it’s none of your business. Don’t whine about it, we knew the consequences of sending her to that school.
STOP telling me to be a doctor. That’s not my passion, it’s not the only way to make money, and I have a gift and passion for math/statistics anyway. When I told you I wanted to study stats, you proceeded to send me a flurry of emails telling me how that major is terrible, won’t ever pay my bills, won’t get me a job, etc etc. Pretty hurtful. (Besides, data science is so in right now, and more and more jobs are opening up in that field.) Then have the audacity to ask me to provide for you when I’m done with school and have a career. To help you live comfortably as if I owe it to you and you’ve done me a service, when all throughout my life all you’ve done was berate me, talk down to me and my family, and discourage me from doing what I want to. Your world revolves around money, yet you’re 50 something (but look way worse), and unemployed and still living with your mom, who’s like, 70? What will you do when she passes away? You have no friends.
You invite us to family holiday events that I dread every year then beg us for money. I can’t wait to never see you again.
///
Sorry for long rant post. Had to get this one off my chest. It doesn’t seem like people do these anymore but I saw that the thread started this way.

Teachers are supposed to be understanding, caring .You have been so mean and unappreciative.You truly do not get that your student is gifted. Accusing a student only shows where you come from.You may find a lot of teachers who will stand by you but your conscience will not.A higher power is watching.

This is my first empty nest SUMMER in 30 years. It feels a little sucky. :frowning: I’ll get over it but it’s weird to not have one of my kids home for summer time. Truly having a little heartache.