Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

Relatives- you both shared an article on facebook and it seems you may not have even read it— as the article you shared is 4 years old. Please do a modicum of reading. One of you posts probably 20 shares a day. No surprise you may not read half of them.

Thanks, Erin’s Dad!

Kudos to kids taking care of their parents and kudos to those parents worth taking care of.

Not sure where to post this as it doesn’t really fit in the HS life or prep school admissions forum, but was sad to hear that American Hebrew academy (AHA), a boarding school in Greensboro, NC, abruptly shut its doors today, leaving 100 students (domestic and international) to have to find alternative HS placement. The school is helping with placement, but still… a very sad day.

I have finally come to a place of “peace”. At least for now. “God help me accept…”

Sometimes I feel like i can’t drink enough rosé.

Well, I applied for one job, but was offered 2 jobs. One was the “easy” job (the one I applied for, but didn’t have a great interview for) and one was a hard job (the job that not many people are qualified for or want to take on). So which did I take - the hard one. My plan was to kind of glide into retirement via the easy job, but having taken another easy job for the last 9 months, I kind of realized I prefer to be more challenged.
I will be back here complaining about the stress of the new job soon.

I know… for security reasons you don’t want your transaction “to go over the internet”. You do know that paying for your groceries with a credit card “goes over the internet”, right? So, when you call a company to give them your credit card, so it doesn’t “go over the internet” where do you think it goes? Do you think they get a slip of paper and run to the bank to process a transaction?

To be sure your credit card doesn’t go over the internet, go to the store in person, and use cash.

Rant over.

I couldn’t get through the Washington Post article about the widowed man and his two year old who lost wife/mother in the Virginia Beach shooting. My heart is broken today.

Oh boy, going to be a serenity prayer kind of day.

Happy to donate to your kid’s project - but why do we need to drop the stuff off at your house rather than their coming around to pick it up?

To whatever insect bit me between my big and 2nd toes. I hate you and hope you die. It swelled up in the middle of the night and hurts like a you know what - hoping it’s a mosquito bite and not a spider bite. And you had to bite the foot I already have ongoing pain and issues with from lisfranc surgery? I really do hate you!

Why do I keep walking into rooms and closets and switching on the light switch when I know the power is out.

Not sure what to hope for but not happy with things as they are.

OK black beans, it’s been 7 hours and you’re still not cooked! I wanted to go out, I need a shower, and I’m a prisoner of mutant black beans!

not suppose to respond…but if black beans are too old they will never soften.

To the administration at my child’s school - If you’re going to award valedictorian, and you’re going to admit that when calculating you changed my child’s freshman year Spanish grade from his past school, you might also want to change the GPA on his final transcript so it’s not HIGHER than the GPA of the child awarded Val. If you’re going to be unfair, be consistent. And if you don’t want a transfer student to win Val just put that in your policy. Don’t manipulate grades to achieve what you want.

It seems dryers usually stop drying with a big load of sheets and towels inside.
It also seems like Sears is always available to Several days later, and then it takes another week to get the part you need, and another couple of days to get the appointment to actually fix the problem.

Now that our neighbors filled in their pool, I can finally enjoy our screened in porch because I don’t have to listen to their filter pump all day long. I had to wait 28 years, but I guess it was worth it.

If you say " I like soccer but don’t watch MLS/NWSL" then you aren’t a soccer fan but just a band-wagon riding twit