Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

I’ll save my disdain for the new format until later. For now, just Anchor Down tonight! #CWS

Geez, what a waste of space. This is the worst format ever.

goblue

Maybe this is the sign I needed to get on with my life :wink:

Offering up a free CC pullover to anyone who wants it. :slight_smile:

So now computer games and TV look seem to be a much more pleasant use of my free or “must be inside” time.

MODERATOR’S NOTE: I know I’m breaking a rule, but I’m using my prerogative to do so in order to post a link to the thread about the website update: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/community-forum-issues/2148512-our-fresh-new-look-is-here.html#latest

You can post comments there, @ChoatieMom

MODERATOR’S NOTE:
Along the same lines, we don’t need 8000 posts saying “I don’t like the new layout.” Post those comments on the link above. I’ve merged the comments from this thread, but will simply delete further ones posted here…

Oh, child, please don’t wrinkle up your nose when I ask you to take your dad and me to the airport very early Thursday morning. Would you like to compare the number of times we’ve inconvenienced you versus the number of times you’ve inconvenienced us in the past 21 years, 2 months, and 18 days?

My child is healthy and recovering from plate and 12 screws in broken arm. In 48 - 72 hours I may be able to have good night sleep. (When pain better and past worrying about all those rare posts op things that they have to warn you about that will keep me up every night until then.

★ Kumar Rocker ★
You are amazing!

If working another few hours, knitting, Facebook, cable news ,the Kardashian’s or binge watching Netflix are examples of “getting a life”. I’ll stick to spending some of my off time to the kids (especially those with no real support or financial experience) and interesting people/parents here in the CC realm.

It’s harmless, free and useful to many people. Ok in my book.

The equivalent of $7.00 for a surgical consult for a benign condition that needs monitoring! Yes, I had to wait almost 2 hours past my “scheduled” appointment, but the care was amazing, and the cost! There are things I miss more and more everyday after living away from the US for so long. However, the cost of medical care in the US just plain scares me.

Denial is an interesting phenomenon. I used to view it as a weakness indulged in by people who can’t handle the truth. Now I view it as a welcome respite from reality.

I’m sad about a text exchange I had with one of my kids. It’s so hard to believe she sees things that way. You know, like when two people are describing a situation & it’s so different you think they cannot be talking about the same thing.

I hope she doesn’t always distrust me so & interpret every word in a negative way.

Why can’t she see how much space I’ve given her to make her own decisions, especially ones I don’t agree with! I’m not nagging, overtly criticizing, not saying do x or I won’t do y, not withholding my love or support…yet she sees it very very differently.

All I can say is I love her, I’m sorry I’ve hurt her and ask how I can make it up.

Will she see me as s complex human being any time soon?

I am so happy to be given the opportunity to attend my dream school. I was rejected the first time I applied as a freshman. However, I didn’t give up and applied again the following year as a transfer. This time I got in.

I’d say never give up on your hopes and dreams. If you try hard enough, you can get into the college you want.

Manchego/chorizo/pan/port/six

I’m pretty sure your newly graduated BA accounting son won’t have a CPA license by Christmas no matter what he tells you. In this state, he needs a master’s, has to pass all 4 parts of the exam (recommended study time is 400 hours), and have worked 2000 hours in specific areas of accounting. He’s working on a road crew this summer and his job starts mid-September. He’s a smart young man, but I don’t think he actually looked into this. Only took a minute on Google to find the info.

Oh, and taking the LSAT this fall? Need to study for that too…

Baseball stress (College World Series) is doing me in. Tonight it ends. GO VANDY!!!

Stop drinking!!!

Dear Delta,
I booked my trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons last October, and getting nights at The good lodges is non-trivial. Now you change my reservations, just over 60 days out, so that we will have to leave Yellowstone about 3 in the morning to get to the flight in Jackson Hole…WTH??? (Original departure was after 3, now it’s about 7 in the morning). Looks like we will have to basically cut our vacation short a day and head back the night before. So much for that extra night/part of the day in Yellowstone.