Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

“Love you long time” is not the sweet birthday message to your son you think it is.
?

I am pretty much over the “we are in this together” commercials by all the celebrities of whom I know none. (grammar?)

Hey MBTA,
You have cut service to the bare minimum and hardly anyone is on the trains. Don’t you think this might be a good time to repair track, fix signal wiring, maybe figure out why the brand new orange line trains went haywire?
Or are you just waiting for the trains to be full of commuters again or until all of the summer tourists are here to do the work.

Asking for a friend.

I hope no one can see my eye rolls clearly during the zoom meeting.

Also, want to hire the llamas for next week’s meeting. https://nypost.com/2020/04/14/invite-a-llama-or-goat-to-your-next-zoom-work-meeting-for-under-100/

They’d contribute more.

Some people just shouldn’t have children.

Paragraphs, people!!

Hey, kiddo, you un-warped the skilled by cooking brussels sprouts! Good on you! Yippee! H says no—same amount of warp still. He will try to see if he can unwary it. Dang!

You might want to do a quick glance at the group page before you post the same meme that has been shared 1/2 a dozen times.

Thank goodness I don’t have to see the da**ed thing.

I still haven’t seen any good explanation of why gloves are effective for shopping.

Dear bluejays, thank you for cleaning the spiders off the house lights. However, I do not appreciate that you poop on the railings under said lights! Please stop that practice immediately. :raised_hand:

I’M SO ANGRY AT YOU THAT I CAN HARDLY BREATHE AND I DON’T CARE IF MOM FINDS OUT SHE RAISED A STUPID NEENERHEAD OBNXIOUS NON MASK-WEARING COVID DENYING IDIOT. I WILL BLOCK YOU ALL DAY LONG IF YOU DON’T SHUT UP SOON. Yeesh. You can’t pick your family…

One positive of sheltering in place: I can’t ever remember having a Visa bill this low. YEA!

I’m obsessed with learning everything I can.

The birds nesting at my window three feet from my sewing machine are about the only thing keeping me together right now. Three little chicks started peeping three days ago; mama is back and forth all day feeding them. Makes me glad I never fixed the screen on that window, as the nest is built between the glass and screen, with enough room at the opposite end of the window for a parent to slip in. Little ones are safe.

And who replaced my husband? Thank you! I like this version quite well. :slight_smile:

Watch your mental health. Murder/suicide nearby. Not sure whether it’s because they lost their business, or whether they got sick and didn’t want to suffer, or whether social isolation took its toll, or whether too many of their friends/family died. So much pain going around. Be kind! Be careful! Be healthy!

The fact that painters, roofers, contractors, car detailers, car sales, small businesses and more are not allowed to work in my state. I am watching people lose everything and it is breaking my heart. The one size fits all approach in my state is cruel and unusual punishment. Give people a chance to determine if they can work safely. My 87 year old mother’s church is not allowed to hold services yet they have plenty of room to distance every Sunday. Church is her family and her lifeline as she lives all alone. Her book club can not meet when they could easily distance themselves. Libraries are closed when they are never crowded and precautions can be taken. My state is hurting people at this point by now allowing the freedom to move forward with precautions. My mother is the most vulnerable but she would prefer to go on living with safety precautions because she knows everyday is a bonus at this point. The isolation to people is hurting them.

The per capita death toll in NY State is sobering. It’s more than twice as high as any reporting country except for Belgium and Spain if one doesn’t count San Marino and Andorra (both places with < 100,000 people so a high skew for them). 1,000,000/821 is essentially 1 in every 1200 people - not out of sick people but all people claiming the state as home - pure per capita odds of having gotten it and died. And the number will continue to rise. In Belgium it’s “only” 1 out of every 2250 people calling it home. Suddenly PA seems “safe” with just 1 out of 15,400 having died from this. Come on fellow citizens. Let’s keep from matching NY - or Belgium. It was definitely good seeing pretty much everyone wearing masks at the grocery store.

And… crossing my fingers over Remdevisir’s promising trials! (Or any other drug that helps.) A successful treatment would be the best thing in the world - literally!

Today’s Pearls Before Swine comic strip gave me a much-needed laugh!

I know this is not anywhere on the scale of what many are dealing with during this pandemic, but in my little corner of the world we are all a bit sad today. San Diego canceled Comic-Con for the first time in 50 years. It is a huge money maker for our city. D1 and bf were lucky enough to get passes this year for all 4 days. At least they can just roll the passes over to 2021.