Scholarship offers for ED2 acceptances

I’m really just probing for pain right now. Wondering if anyone admitted ED2 received a larger than average scholarship. We don’t know if we would have done better had we waited for RD, but on the other hand it seems like there’s a good chance we would have been WL if we had, so one never knows.

From what I can ED1, ED2 and EA applicants were all offered merit scholarships in differing amounts based on CWRUs method. That can even include where a person lives. We think that my daughter may have received hers because we are in Miami and she is the first from her high school in any one’s memory to attend but the Case has been trying to get students from there for years. Once she got money others applied RD and now there are interested juniors. We don’t care why she got some pure merit or school need. We will take it. No way to know what would have happened with RD and really no reason to ponder. Best advice I ever got was when you buy a car stop looking and stop comparing. All it ever leads to is would have, should have could have instead of being happy with what you already have. I think it holds here too. Congrats to you and your child.

4 Likes

You are wise; thank you.

Is there a difference in financial aid awards for ED students (or EA or RD)?

This one is easy: Nope! We meet 100% of demonstrated financial need for all admitted students, regardless of their admission plan. (You may want to review our financial aid application requirements if you have not already started this process.)

Merit scholarships?

Our philosophy here is the same. We recognize students for their achievements and their potential to make significant impacts on our campus. Merit scholarships are not tied to a decision plan.