Scholarship Question

Many schools automatically put you in for scholarships that you are qualified to apply for. My son received an email letting him know that he should go the the scholarship page and apply for scholarships before Feb 1. He did so, answered the questions and was presented with 2 matches.

Are those two the only ones that are available to him at this time?

Thx

This is from personal experience, and I can only speak for the L&S college, but there are “hidden” scholarships that are not listed as part of the matches that they give you. As long as you submit the general scholarship form/essays, you should be in consideration for them. I remember being a little disappointed when I first applied for scholarships that none of the scholarships listed for me were more than $1000, but I ended up receiving a full ride through a L&S scholarship that I didn’t know existed.

Either way, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by applying to scholarships.

D who applied EA got the same email. She started completing the form but there were so many options and a few required 300 word essays that she decided to wait until she was actually accepted before completing.

@silmaril Congrats on the generous scholarship and your story gives the rest of us looking for merit money some hope. Are you OOS?

Regarding L&S incoming freshmen scholarships, most are in the $500-$1500 range and are one-time scholarships. There are around 90-100 scholarships and fewer than 10 are for non-Wisconsin residents. About 1,500 incoming students complete the L&S scholarship application. Don’t count on earning one.

They are intended for students who intend to earn an L&S degree so it may be that pre-business students, for example, have no chance even though they are classified in L&S.

@Banker1 Sorry, I’m in-state. The particular scholarship I won was specifically for WI residents.