School Grading Scale/ A to G requirements

<p>I am an OOS applicant.</p>

<p>When asked for grading scale I put other, and stated that my school uses + and -</p>

<p>Then I listed my courses with their respective grades (A+, A-. B-, etc.)</p>

<p>Is this a right step to take?</p>

<p>All the courses on my transcript include + and -s. I know that UC does not use + or -, but I did not feel I could just exclude them. If they need to be excluded, the admissions rep can do that right?</p>

<p>Also what is my UC gpa? I know since I am OOS, I do not get any benefits for taking honors courses, as I listed them as “NH.” The only boost I get is with AP courses.</p>

<p>Yet my UC GPA was not calculated at all on the APP. Are my + and - affecting the APP’s ability to determine my UC GPA?</p>

<p>Also for A to G requirements… I reached a page where a box shows the following information.</p>

<p>Coursework Tally</p>

<p>A preliminary tally shows you need the following additional yearlong courses to fulfill the “a-g” subject requirements.</p>

<pre><code>* History/Social Sciences: 0

• English: 0
  • Mathematics: 0
  • Laboratory Science: 0
  • Language Other Than English: 0
  • Visual and Performing Arts: 0
  • College-Prep Electives: 0
    </code></pre>

<p>Does this mean I fulfilled the requirements? Does the 0 mean I need 0 additional courses? Or does this mean that I did not fulfill the A to G requirement?</p>

<p>God the UC application is damn confusing, and vague.</p>

<p>For freshman applicants, +/- is not considered across the board. Choosing “other” for the grading scale means your application will get pulled for manual GPA calculation; that is both annoying and could potentially cause problems (miscalculation, file falling through the cracks).</p>

<p>The application will not show the GPA. The calculation is done at each UC campus since each may cap the GPA at a different point (Berkeley/UCLA use fully weighted, the rest of the UCs cap at 4.4 or 4.5).</p>

<p>The 0s mean you have no missing requirements (you have fulfilled everything).</p>

<p>Thank you so much for that helpful post. </p>

<p>I guess I’ll remove the + and - and put in letter grades, but leave the grading scale on other.</p>

<p>I would suggest changing the grading scale to A B C D F if that is what your school uses. The “other” designation will get your application pulled for manual GPA calculation.</p>