SDSU Class of 2023 Application Thread

website crashed ffs

@Gumbymom

CSU capped weighted gpa: 4.24
eligibility index: 4,622

thanks!

@lucidtina; SDSU is a solid Match. Best of luck.

My D cannot get into her Student Account Services tab to see if her AidLink has changed. Is anyone else unable to do so? She gets an “error” message.

@CSUdream you’re right. My daughters was viewable this am… now it appears to be disabled

@CSUdream We have an “error” here as well

does anyone have a general idea for when decisions will be released? i know last year it was late march so should we be expecting the same this year?

If my daughter got accepted to Cal Poly Slo do you think her chances of getting in to San Diego State are high?

@Zevia: Depends upon her major and EI.

@Gumbymom thank you, she got in for animal science at Slo and her major at San Diego is Biology. She’s just not sure which way to go for pre vet.

when are decisions coming out??

@Zevia: For Pre-vet, she wants to go to the school with the best chance of getting a high GPA and access to hands-on animal experience. I would think the SLO would be the logical choice. If you look at UC Davis Vet school admits from 2018, SLO is the CSU with highest admits 9 and none for SDSU. I am not saying that an applicant from SDSU has no chance at Vet school, but if that is her goal SLO would be my choice.

https://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/admissions/application-statistics-class-2022

If Vet school does not happen however, Biology or Animal Science is not a good stand alone major without some kind of Grad school in the future.

@Zevia Who knows! My d was accepted in Dec to SDSU but still waiting to hear from CPSLO. But she did choose a different major for some strange reason. Good luck though!

@Zevia I was looking at SDSU’s projections for enrollment from 2018 earlier today and bio is a poplular major I believe it was over 7700 apps, ~2500 admits Animal Science at SLO is also very popular. Hard to predict with SDSU but obviously your daughter has the STATS! https://asir.sdsu.edu/applications-by-major/

anyone know when decisions should be coming out?

last year, they began coming out around march 19th so I would guess it would be the same this year.

Explore SDSU is on March 23…I would hope they let people know before that date. Last year’s was March 17th-they didn’t let people know until March 19th, @csulbguru?!

I’m sure that’s why they pushed back the date this year to the 23 rather than the 16 because decisions are projected to come out mid-March, so they should be out in time.

Daughter admitted today!! 3/4/19

Stats:
CSU GPA 4.27
SAT: 1320
Pre-Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences

Webportal updated around 10:45am

Good Luck to all!!

@SDSUmom00 congrats! we have similar stats and quite frankly offended that we weren’t accepted in Dec! lol