SDSU Class of 2023 Application Thread

Daughter admitted.

GPA: 3.7
ACT: 28
APs: 6
Auditioned for Music, separate application
Major: Music and Psychology
From Northern CA

Admitted to UCI Music, CSULB Music, SFSU Psych, St. Mary’s Psych, CSUEB Psych.
Waitlisted: University of San Francisco Psych
Still waiting for UCLA Music, SLO Psych, USD Psych, UCSD Psych

Denied for Psychology

SAT: 1360
GPA: 3.97
Admitted: LMU psych, CSUSM psych, University of Oregon psych, Willamette psych

Heard that this major was heavily impacted but was still kinda surprised to get denied.

Accepted on 3/5
Major: Nursing
GPA: 4.2
ACT: 34
In-state

@“17.dogs.sc28”: According to last year application stats, Psychology was the third most applied major behind Biology #1 and Nursing #2.

Son Accepted
Major: Business Administration
Cal State GPA 3.85
SAT 1380
In State

I haven’t seen many English majors on here yet. English must be one of the last decisions? Site says admission decisions will be available by mid-march but my portal still says “Pending.”

Son rejected Mechanical Engineering

GPA 3.6 with dual enrollment (Calculus III and Linear Algebra completed)
SAT 1440 (740 math, 700 english)

Local SD resident
Not that it matters but my husband and I are both alumni and SDSU was my son’s first choice for engineering. He’ll be heading to college out of state.

Hi all. Any communication majors out there get accepted? My son has an ADT and is still waiting.

Hi all. Any communication majors out there get accepted? My son has an ADT and is still waiting.

@QsMom20 try posting on SDSU Fall 2019 Transfer thread instead…probably more reaponses there

@QsMom20
Like @dogrunner1 said the SDSU transfer thread is where you should post.

However, even though most community colleges have verified their students receiving an ADT for SDSU we have been told by SDSU they click the update link on 03/15 which is the date the update must be completed.
If your S by chance is getting his ADT from Southwestern they waited till the last minute to upload the majority of their students.
We have been told to start keeping an eye out for Admit updates after 3/15

My S has his ADT info finally show as updated on 3/11 & he is still showing as pending as are the majority of other ADT from Southwestern students.

To compare my D was admitted on 3/5 to SDSU as a freshman.

did anyone receive anything about honors interview for the scholarship?

I got in a while ago.San Diego is such a beautiful town

@caligirl0826 My son is waiting to hear, also. Nothing yet for him…

Is anyone still waiting to hear from Webers Honor College. I know some students heard back in February, but I assume those were the early admit students? My D applied in November, at same time as submitting her application to SDSU. She was accepted in March, but hasn’t heard anything from the Webers Honor College.

same @Moose2019 i read somewhere that they have admissions in jan and march. march 30 is new deadline to apply so im guessing we will hear mid april.

@Moose2019 My son was accepted to Webers a while back. Maybe 6 weeks or so? I don’t remember the exact date but I can look it up. He was an early admit in December and had to apply by January, I believe. But I do know applications were open to everyone. Good luck to your DD!

@moose19 clarification- D did rcv letter from Webers in jan/feb that said they couldnt make decision until she was accepted or denied admission to the school. my d wasnt admitted until early March.

from sdsu website:
“March 30, 2019

After January 15, applications will be accepted and evaluated on a space-available basis until 11:59pm on March 30. A limited number of applications received after January 15 will be admitted into the Weber Honors College. Applicants will be notified of their Weber Honors College admission decision in mid-April.”

https://honors.sdsu.edu/honors-admissions/application-information

@StacysMom24 - Thanks. My D received that same notice. The timing is just difficult. If she was accepted to Webers, then SDSU would probably be one of her top choices. But without the Webers Honor College piece, then SDSU is lower in her ranking. For her, being guaranteed Zura Hall and being in a smaller program within the larger school setting is important to her.

For now, she’s still waiting on UCI, UCSD, and UCLA, which all have her major. If she is accepted at one of those, then she’ll likely commit vs waiting until mid-April to hear from Webers. But if she doesn’t get in to UCI, UCSD, or UCLA, then she’ll be forced to wait, or to choose from one of the schools she has been accepted to.

I know many students are in this waiting game - it’s just tough all around. And pushing decisions to mid-April just (per Weber’s timeline) makes it harder than it already is.

@Moose2019 wow. we have the identical scenario-except mine didn’t apply to UCSD (not sure why but she was adamant she didnt want to go there) it appears from this blog and from what kids are reporting at my D’s high school, it just got a whole lot tougher to get into SDSU. kids w mid 3.75 -4.0ish weighted gpas used to be the norm and it seems like it was bumped up a lot to a 4.0+ w gpa. idk numbers exactly but definitely higher than previous years. my D got accepted to texas a&m UT austin and TCU (honors and business schools) we thought we were headed to TX for sure but then just last week she decided she wanted to stay closer to home. then BOOM —UCSB denial. ugh! im sooo ready to get off this roller coaster!!

We are headed to SDSU this weekend for their open house. Praying she falls in love w it regardless of webers. praying harder for UCLA admission but yeah- - not sure we are worthy of that kind of miracle! JK. God has a plan ??