SEAP 2021 Applications Statuses/Discussion

pendleton/corona? btw i emailed another rolling research program, they said that they were having delays cuz covid so maybe sepa is having the same.

1 Like

I think so, is SMART rolling?

1 Like

Has anyone else applied to NIWC San Diego? I heard the other SD one got cancelled but this one is online still. This program looks so cool honestly I hope it works out

For Smart, when they sent email to notify Semifinalists, it says that Feb to Mar is when the facilities do their selection process. Then, “The 2021 SMART Scholarship awards are currently scheduled to be announced in April 2021”

I don’t know whether they’ll notify all the awardees in just one day in April, or if it’s rolling.

OMG!!! One of the researchers there is the one that sent me the info about the program, she asked if I would apply to NIWC SD, but I had just moved out of SD County to Orange so I wasn’t eligible!!! They are going to do the entire internship online.

Yep! Those are closest to me. Really hoping for Pendleton. But if not, there’s always next year.

1 Like

wait so is NIWCSD part of SEAP? did you get in? :open_mouth: congrats!!

It’s in SEAP, couldn’t get in because I’m not eligible :frowning: was really sad. I love their cyber research.

1 Like

Did they reach out to you specifically before hand? how did they know about you? or like did you contact them / apply before etc…

1 Like

wow what! thats so cool! have you done seap before? this is my first year and I have no idea what to expect. my parents work in the same building where the internship is which is where I heard about it

did you apply to any other internships? are you also a junior?

im a sophomore. i dont know of any other internships that im eligible for atm. do you know any? because i totally will apply

@drowforgdc im a sophomore. i dont know of any other internships that im eligible for atm. do you know any? because i totally will apply

wb rsi? if you’re interested in research. I can DM you more recommendations.

oof, thats rly cool tho!!

Never done SEAP unfortunately. Only found out about it this year! It’s so cool that your parents work there! Hope you make it!

1 Like

goodluck to everyone who has applied!

1 Like

Has anyone gotten any emails from SEAP yet? Hopefully they start sending emails out 1st week of march.

Nope, no emails. One person (i think?) has gotten a response but they’re not from my state.

none here either. I’m from CA, hopefully they come out soon though