semi-urgent credit question

<p>ok so I am applying as a transfer for the Fall of 2008, I am currently a freshman. I currently go to a private university so I did not receive much credit from my IB/AP exams, I only got 3 credits (boo). </p>

<p>I just looked at UW-Madison's IB/AP credit policy and it looks like I am going to receive around 44 credits if I were to be accepted (I love public schools haha)</p>

<p>Now my question is will they accept these credits as a transfer? And if they do will I have to change my application to a junior? Because I will have around 33 credits from this year (not sure if all will transfer but I'm sure most will as they are all pre-requisite classes) and the possibility of 44 from IB which would be over the 60 credit cutoff for junior status...</p>

<p>Thanks for the help!</p>

<p>That is an excellent question for the admissions folks. Email the transfer counselor.</p>

<p>If you were applying as a new freshman your AP credits wouldn't count until after your first semester (eg all incoming freshman register without any credits to change their status to sophomore regardless of how many credits their AP scores will give them). Definitely check with admissions.</p>