Seriously considering Bama

<p>I live in Florida and I’m a junior white male… I am applying to many schools (including a bunch of “top 50s”) but Alabama has caught my eye because of all that they pay for along with the fact that EVERYONE seems to love it there.</p>

<p>Here are my stats:
4.0 unweighted, 4.65 weighted
7/537 class rank
8 AP classes by the time I graduate</p>

<p>33 Composite ACT
33 math
33 english
33 reading
31 science</p>

<p>1990 SAT (retook today but probably won’t submit)
630 math
660 reading
700 writing</p>

<p>EC’s are okay but not amazing:
2 baseball varsity letters
Mu alpha theta
NHS
120-140 volunteer hours
Working 16-20 hours a week as manager of a concession stand
Co-founder of fantasy sports club (yes I love football so count me in)
Department awards in physics and government</p>

<p>I want to visit badly to confirm my interest, when would be the best time to do so?</p>

<p>Also, would I get my tuition paid for by the University? And would I get into the Honors college? Planning to major in Applied Math or Economics.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone!</p>

<p>assuming that the scholarships remain the same, you would get free tuition. Yes you would get into the honors college.</p>

<p>You put together a terrific high school resume so far! Congrats. I would suggest visiting any time classes are in. You really get a good feel for a school when the students are on campus. Contact the honors college and they will arrange a memorable visit based on your interests. Good luck.</p>

<p>Avoid visiting on weekends or during home football games. On weekends, you wont get to meet with any faculty and the campus will seem different. On home game weekends, the hotels will be either too expensive or too booked.</p>

<p>You can arrive on a Sunday of a game weekend, that is fine…and then tour on Monday. </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>