Shipping to Paty

<p>I thought I would share the response my daughter got when she asked for clarification regarding sending stuff ahead of move in. Pay special attention to the clarification regarding people flying vs driving.</p>

<hr>

<p>Because you will be flying in, you are allowed to send your dorm stuff ahead of time for move-in. This year we are discouraging incoming freshman from shipping their dorm room items IF their families are driving to campus for move-in. We are confident this will make move-in easier on both staff and families.</p>

<p>Here is how you should address your package(s):</p>

<p>“Your full Name”
210 McCorvey Drive
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401</p>

<p>I know our website tells you to include Paty Hall Package Delivery Center, but we’ve learned that carriers end up butchering the student’s name in an attempt to fit all of the characters on the shipping label, so it’s not necessary for you to include anything other than your full name and the street address. If you should choose to send a box from home, rather than ordering online, you can write your Crimson email address and cell phone number on the box. That will make it easier for us to contact you when it arrives.</p>

<p>You can start sending your items towards the end of July. That way they won’t get mixed in with older packages already here, and we’ll have our move-in operations in place. In the future, you will do better to call us at 205-348-7794 rather than email, as we do not check this email that regularly during the summer. You can call any time Monday-Friday 9am-12pm central time.</p>

<p>I hope you have a safe trip and enjoy move-in!</p>

<p>HRC</p>

<p>I had called to ask the same question, and the first thing I was asked was whether we were flying or driving. When I said driving, they did discourage us from shipping, but when I explained that my daughter’s car simply doesn’t hold that much in the trunk and there will be passengers in the seats, they just gave me the same McCorvey address and told me not to ship before the first week of August. So you CAN ship if you’re driving, but I’m guessing they get an overwhelming number of packages at move-in time and they’re trying to reduce that number.</p>

<p>HRC doesn’t know if you are driving down or flying for move in. What they are asking is that families be considerate and not send tons of packages that could easily be brought down during move-in. If you need to send a package, feel free to do so closer to the actual move-in date.</p>