Shooting at Virginia Tech

<p>RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Virginia Tech says gunshots have been reported on campus, and authorities are seeking a suspect.</p>

<p>The campus-wide alert at 12:36 p.m. said: "Gun shots reported- Coliseum Parking lot. Stay Inside. Secure doors. Emergency personnel responding. Call 911 for help."</p>

<p>The suspect is described as white male wearing gray sweat pants, gray hat with neon green brim, maroon hoodie and backpack.</p>

<p>A message left with the university wasn't immediately returned. Campus police referred all questions to the university.</p>

<p>A student gunman killed 32 students and faculty and then shot himself on the campus in 2007.</p>

<p>[Shots</a> fired, officer down at Virginia Tech – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs](<a href=“http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/08/reports-of-shots-fired-at-virginia-tech/]Shots”>http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/08/reports-of-shots-fired-at-virginia-tech/)</p>

<p>Police officers has died, no update on the other person shot. Shooter said to still be on the loose. Prayers for all involved, and their families.</p>

<p>So disturbing…prayers for all on campus.</p>

<p>Second person has also died.</p>

<p>Oh, no. Not again. :(</p>

<p>A bit more info via Huffington:</p>

<p>BLACKSBURG, Va., Dec. 8, 2011 – Shortly after noon today, a Virginia Tech police officer stopped a vehicle on campus during a routine traffic stop in the Coliseum parking lot near McComas Hall.
During the traffic stop. the officer was shot and killed. There were witnesses to this shooting.</p>

<p>Witnesses reported to police the shooter fled on foot heading toward the Cage, a parking lot near Duck Pond Drive. At that parking lot, a second person was found. That person is also deceased.</p>

<p>Several law enforcement agencies have responded to assist. Virginia State Police has been requested to take lead in the investigation.</p>

<p>The status of the shooter is unknown. The campus community should continue to shelter in place and visitors should not come to campus.</p>

<p>“Two people, including a campus police officer, were shot dead Thursday at Virginia Tech, where 33 people were killed in 2007 in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history, a university spokesman said.”</p>

<p>[U.S&lt;/a&gt;. News](<a href=“http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/virginia-tech]U.S”>http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/virginia-tech)</p>

<p>My thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by this senseless act of violence!</p>

<p>This is just terrible. Such a tragedy.</p>

<p>Prayers for all those involved. Prayers for this poor school going thru this again.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Exactly what I thought. My whole body just broke out in goosebumps.</p>

<p>Hope this ends quickly with no more victims.</p>

<p>I hope others will be safe.</p>

<p>My prayers are with those who passed away, as well as the whole Virginia Tech community. This is so devastating.</p>

<p>Have to say, kudos to VT for its response. It’s terrifying to hear that something like this is happening on your kid’s campus, but the school has done a good job locking down the campus, accounting for students and getting information out. Facebook has been a godsend, too…</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Absolutely. Hopefully this is ended without any other problems.</p>

<p>A note I read about an hour ago: VT was appealing a $50k fine from the Department of Education for its handling of the 2007 incident. I believe I read that was happening today… no idea if it’s connected or not…</p>

<p>The latest announcement is that the second person dead was in fact the shooter. Thank God the shooter is no longer on the loose and the community can breath easier. They have not announced how he was killed.</p>

<p>It has just been announced that the second person dead was in fact the shooter. They have not announced how he was killed.</p>

<p>List of agencies involved according to MSNBC</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>If this is true, that’s wonderful that there will be no more victims. Not that I am glad the shooter is dead, just that he can’t hurt anyone else.</p>

<p>Source? Authorities specifically would not confirm that the second person was the shooter when asked that a few minutes ago in the press conference.</p>