Should i apply early action to the university of miami?

<p>I was researching this school and saw that last year 53% of students who applied early action were accepted while only 40% of students who applied regular decision were accepted. I have around a 1230 sat score (math and reading) and around a 1850 sat score combined so my stats are a little low. I have a decent amount of extra curricular activities and around 75 hours of volunteer work. I also have a 97 weighted gpa. My question is would it be beneficial for me to apply early action. Would that give me a better chance? Also if i applied early action would the school still look at my senior grades from the beginning of the year? Thanks.</p>

<p>Early action always gives you a better chance … there are more spots open and even through they are still selective … they will be even more selection when most of their spots fill up. I believe the stats are you have a 20% greater chance of being accepted early admission. I am sending my app in this week. Deadline is Nov 1 because I want to have a chance at any type of merit scholarship and if you don’t apply early admission you won’t be eligible for some of the better ones. </p>