should i apply?

<p>i live in ga, and im just looking up some last minute colleges i might want to apply to...is it worth applying here from georgia? does anyone come from the south, and for what?</p>

<p>here are my stats, if you could chance me also!!:)</p>

<p>gpa 94.3/100
rank 70/350
sat-680 m, 670 cr, 800 w so 2150
taking it again
act-32</p>

<p>8 aps</p>

<p>ecs:
fbla historian and now secreatry bunch of state, region awards
2nd highest orchestra group-solo/ensemble superior twice
green school
going to join a tutoring thing
chess
the young entrepreneur business program-4th in chapter business plan
beta club- kind of inconsistent there to be honest
on newspaper editorial
ymca mission atlanta 2 years, working with metro kids
nhs</p>

<p>honors:
fbla stuff
nhs french
honor roll
school honor award for math
ap scholar honor
sat club at school-bronze level</p>

<p>how bad is it that i had an 87 in math 1st sem of junior year, the next it was 106?
and an 88 in ap bio turned 94? thats an upward trend right?? and those are the only b's i have:/?</p>

<p>and lets assume my essay is avgish....</p>

<p>Ur stats look good,it’s of extra curriculars. U should apply I think u have a good change of getting in</p>

<p>Go ahead and apply. Continue doing your best. Most schools use a 4.0 = A scale so hard for some of us to translate grades. UW uses unweighted grades only and looks for the taking advantage of the most rigorous curriculum available to a student at their HS. Improving grades do count. Be sure to show your interest in UW when you apply- better to show your passions than to have a dispassionate but scholarly essay. Never a guarantee but your chances of getting in to UW are good.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>There aren’t many Southerners at UW. Aside from the obvious states of Minnesota/Illinois, most out of state students come from the east coast (e.g. New Jersey and New York) or the west coast (e.g. California).</p>

<p>I think UW would love to see more students from the South. Outside Florida and Texas there are not too many.</p>