Should I take the extra AP?

After touring, I really like the school and would love to attend(I’ll worry I about money later lol). For anyone who is familiar with niche, there is a chance me option and I used it for umiami. I don’t take it to seriously but I do take the people’s opinions into consideration. Many people are saying I have a good shot but need a more challenging course load. I go to a private college prep high school where there is limited AP classes and AP and honors courses only accept a limited number of rpoeple(roughly 25 and there is 230 in my grade.). I’m a junior and I have taken 7 honors and one AP as of now. For senior year, my schedule will have four honors and one AP. My questions is whether or not I should switch from honors Spanish four to AP Spanish. I have always had extremely high grades in Spanish and my teacher said I could take it if I wanted. I am worrief that it may be to difficult as I will be with very elite students. Do you think the extra AP will make a huge difference in my admissions(and potential scholarships)? Another option is to take honors Spanish five but I don’t know if five will hold greater weight than Spanish four or not. Thank you very much and any info would be appreciated.

I would take the AP course as 1) your teacher has recommended it and 2) when your GC fills out your recommendatin next year, he/she will have to tick the box that asks whether you have taken the most challenging workload. Having AP Spanish will help your cause for the most challenging workload.

Also, UM is very generous with giving college credit for AP courses which will save you $ in the long run!