Show of hands for who is attending Capstone Scholars Day

<p>Unfortunately, my son did not apply. He thought about it for along time and in the end he just wasn’t interested. I am thinking he will try to get involved in the departmental honors program which for him would be aerospace engineering. He also wants to try out for the marching band or an ensemble. So much to do so little time…</p>

<p>So far I am hearing from my husband via text that he wants to enroll in the school. Roll Tide.</p>

<p>Hokiefan: does your S want to enroll or your DH? Cause the 1st time DH went on a tour at UA, he wanted a collegiate do over ;)</p>

<p>Actually he still does!</p>

<p>Rob,</p>

<p>My son has already paid the deposit but I think my husband wants a college do-over:) I cannot wait to talk with them about the day. As I mentioned before, we visited in the spring and did an admissions tour. We did drive around the town and eat at Dreamland but that was it. I did not arrange anything special with the school for my son. Just a straight up, routine adventure which we all loved. I wanted to be able to compare it to other schools so I thought we should initially see them in the same light. That was the start of a ‘love affair’. The more I read on this website the more we got intrigued. My son applied, was accepted as a presidential scholar and the ball just keeps on going. He has applied to other schools and received generous offers, but there is nothing like that Southern Hospitality. </p>

<p>I have an older daughter who is a junior at a private university. So we have been around the block on this college stuff. I have to tell you, there is nothing like Alabama!! Roll Tide.</p>

<p>Well I just talk with the fellas and they are having a great time. They meet momreads son and I understand he was most gracious and helpful. They had dinner at Buffalo Phils and are headed to the symphony tonight in Moody Hall. They ventured all around campus today. I’m not sure what they are going to do tomorrow but I’m sure they will find something.</p>

<p>My husband spoke very highly of Dr. Sharpe. He said he was a great speaker and the whole day was put together very well. Thank you Bama for a job well done!</p>

<p>hokiefan: It is nice to hear that this year’s Capstone Scholars Day was as well thought out and put together as last year. Dr. Sharpe is a very good speaker, has your son had the chance to meet with him?</p>

<p>I am sure that they will find plenty to do tomorrow. Feel free to fill us in with any more details.</p>

<p>My dh and ds came back very pleased. Ds had a fine time building a catapult with his team during the engineering departmental breakout. He has applied for CBHP, but is telling us he thinks that there are great opportunities here in the regular Honors Program even if he doesn’t make the cut for that selective program.</p>