<p>Hello!</p>

<p>How can I be enrolled in Honors program? Is it too late or do I can ask to be enrolled during SOAR section?</p>

<p>Parent of rising sophomore in Letters & Science Honors. </p>

<p>All admitted students are invited to apply to Honors program in Letters & Science, with the application due a few weeks after their own letter of acceptance to UW. So, presumably your individual date to apply to Honors for fall semester has passed. </p>

<p>However, there are still several options. (1) You can still enroll in Honors sections of courses even if you are not in the Honors program; (2) you can apply to Honors program after you start at UW – go to the Honors program website at UW to see the requirements – there is a minimum gpa and some other parts to the application. </p>

<p>At SOAR, you can find out about enrolling in an Honors section of a course you are taking, or doing Honors optional in a course. My son has done both an Honors optional, where he agreed with prof on extra, independent work he would do in the class, and an Honors only discussion section of a course, which was taught by the prof rather than a TA. </p>

<p>Spend some time on the Honors website to become more familiar with the program.</p>

<p>If you are not looking at Letters and Science, but rather a different college within UW, I do not have specific experience with those. </p>

<p>Good luck, and congrats. My son had an incredible freshman year at UW.</p>