Honors program

<p>Would it be good to just apply for the Honors program now or see how I do in the first year and then apply for it for the sophomore year?
I really wanna do the honors program and all my test scores are within the range and I think I'd have a pretty good chance of getting in but I heard that UW is pretty tough and the workload is super heavy so I wanna see how I cope in the first year and if I keep up well, I wanna apply for honors program for the sophomore year.
Is there any disadvantage getting into the honors program a year late?
Would it be better for me to just apply now?</p>

<p>Oh, and the essay questions give me headache much.</p>

<p>The reason to be in the Honors Program now is to be in Honors classes. Do it now if you want to take those good classes. You can join the Honors program later as well. But why not take advantage of the program benefits offered to freshmen as well as get a start on honors credits? Do not feel intimidated by it. In fact it may be easier to cope with starting by being part of a smaller group of students freshman year. They will not accept you if they don’t feel you can do the work or have the motivation. The essays are where you show you want to take advantage of the best academics UW has to offer- your choice.</p>

<p>Sorry, but just interested; what are the scores needed for the honors program?</p>

<p>I don’t think there is a requirement but the average score of people who got into the program was something like 1340 -14xx.</p>

<p>Do you have to get invited to join the honors program or can anyone apply? What’s the requirements.</p>

<p>I got an invitation by email. I thought everyone got them.</p>

<p>Just a few years ago they sent out invitations only to some students, then everyone was eligible to apply as they figured all accepted students had good enough credentials. Don’t know about this year however.</p>

<p>Wis75…
Are you a parent? an admission officer? an alumnus?
Just wondering cuz you seem like you know so much about UW…</p>

<p>I haven’t got an e-mail… either they aren’t sending them out to everyone this year or you have to officially accept your offer of admission to get one which I haven’t done yet.</p>

<p>They sent me an email a few months ago. I’m not sure how it works, but I didn’t tell them I’d go until yesterday.</p>

<p>I haven’t accepted their offer yet and I got the email last month…</p>

<p>Is there any good description of the program online anywhere? Looking for L&S particularly.</p>

<p>Here’s the site</p>

<p>[L&S</a> Honors Program](<a href=“http://www.honors.ls.wisc.edu/SiteContent.aspx?id=1]L&S”>http://www.honors.ls.wisc.edu/SiteContent.aspx?id=1)</p>

<p>Don’t forget about deadlines for applying to be in it next fall.</p>

<p>For me it’s today and I still haven’t finished all the esays!!
Augghauhahaufhda</p>