Singer Interview Questions?

<p>What type of questions do they typically ask?</p>

<p>D was a student interviewer for the recent 2nd Singer scholarship weekend. She said that she had been given no preparation and had not met the instructor she worked with previously. She completed an evaluation form for each of the three candidates that she interviewed which was no different from the instructors.</p>

<p>Last year when she was interviewed, the English professor interviewer asked her who her two favorite American authors were and why. The student asked her what she read for pleasure. I believe she talked about why the Foote Fellow program would be very beneficial for her undergrad objectives (which have dramatically changed since then). Another student said that they talked about nothing but sports.</p>

<p>D said that she had no access to the interviewees grades and test scores but last year hers were in plain view during her own interview. Its evident that things change from year to year. Last year D thought that the Singer recipients were preselected. Now she is not so sure.</p>

<p>Last year, DS was asked about his interests, his school and why he applied to Miami. His info was available to the interviewer (they had his file). It was very general questions. He did receive the Singer scholarship. </p>

<p>Thanks, that’s great to know! I may cancel my interview, however, as I just got accepted to Harvard :)</p>

<p>Congrats to you @rundancelove. If you get a chance compare UMiami to Harvard at Student Reviews and note the 10 year income levels. D was also planning to student interview at the Stamps/Singer weekend this year but the U offered a bus outing with a catered lunch to a beach on Key Biscayne that interview day which seemed like a bit more fun. I grew up in Massachusetts and can’t remember ever enjoying a good beach day there in March.</p>