Six Colleges admissions events

D25 received an email inviting her to attend one of these information events. The six colleges are Pomona, Swarthmore, Carleton, Williams, Amherst and Bowdoin. D25 is particularly interested in Pomona and Swarthmore. We live in a rural area so no college fairs at her high school. We will be in the area of one of their upcoming events so she registered, however I was surprised there was no confirmation email. Hopefully she is actually registered. Does anyone have any experience or information on these events?

Email the organizer and ask. If you know when and where just go worse case but email, asking for confirmation.

My kids went to several of these events - usually at the city public library or hotel banquet room. One included the majority of the schools you listed. I can’t remember if anyone “checked us in”. My kids did stay and introduce themselves to the AO of the schools of interest and followed up with a nice meeting you email to the AO too or in the case of a few of the AO’s mentioned they were looking forward to seeing them at their school for a presentation. The Pomona line after the event was the longest by far and not a school of interest for my kids they wanted east. These events were big in our area with 200+ families.

1 Like

I’m sure you’re registered. I doubt they will turn you away if you show up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.