SJSU Class of 2026 - Regular Decision

I see, I counted all 6 classes. Then, you son should be accepted with 4.35

I hope does not happen. I think the community deserved. Specifically the Latin (most Mexican). Most of them come from a famĂ­lia that never went to college, does not have support or money to go to college far from home.

2 Likes

Accepted a while back!

major: undeclared
csu gpa: 4.06

best of luck to all applicants + congrats to everyone!

4 Likes

Same, was accepted in first wave.

Computer Engineering from Alameda County.

4.27 UC Weighted capped, but 1 B in a math class :frowning:

2 Likes

Anyone OOS here? What’s the total fee going to be? I am finding it hard to find that info on the website. All I can find it “Non-resident students pay basic registration fees **plus $396 per unit”

So resident fees are like 4000 per semester plus 396 per unit and if DS is taking 15 credits per semester, that amounts to 10000 total. Plus boarding of maybe another 10000?

40K per year?

Same here, my son also. Same gpa, same major. Not sure what he put for his alternate

He’s okay though; I’m from SJ and his dad and I didn’t care to see him go to school there either. But it’s still mind blowing that he didn’t get in, but so it goes

Yes, around $40K is correct.

this is bizarre, you can take light weight stem classes and can get into CS major

1 Like

You still need 8 semesters of honors/AP classes:

For example GPA with 20 (a-g) courses with all A would be: (20X4+8X5)/20 = 4.4
With 24(a-g) courses it would be 4.33 and you would miss out.

Just to be clear, i do not recommend doing this.

https://www.sjsu.edu/faso/docs/2122%20COA%20Ugrd.pdf is the 2021-2022 cost estimate. Likely a little higher this coming year.

Add $11,880 to the estimates for 30 units per year of non-resident added tuition.

Has anyone gotten their financial aid package yet? I received my decision last month but haven’t seen anything related to the tuition.

1 Like

accepted way back for CE, was waiting for Cal Poly SLO-rejected yesterday. so now committed to SJSU. was also accepted to SDSU and CPP way back then. wait list on UCSD, does not want to go to UCD. rejected from UCLA and UC Berkeley. He did not apply to many schools and does not want to leave California.

Has anyone received financial aid package? I have only received acceptance yet. Do they give financial aid?