Skidmore Class of 2025 -- Regular Decision

Daughter was waitlisted. Thought she had strong stats for Skidmore - but this year is tough everywhere!

The class size will be 710 - far more were accepted.

2 Likes

My daughter was waitlisted and she’s 2nd in her class with literally almost perfect grades across the board and a huge list of sports and participation and volunteer activity. No idea how decisions were made but congrats to those that got in. This wasn’t her top choice school anyways, but it was a surprising waitlist, for sure.

2 Likes

I got in and I have a 4.0 unweighted, no SAT/ATC, 8 APs but I didn’t send in any scores, and no extracurriculars on the national or state level.

Congrats! :balloon:

Curious to know if those denied or waitlisted applied for financial aid? That may have been a factor.

1 Like

I applied for financial aid and was waitlisted.

Waitlisted. I applied for some amount of financial aid.

DD was accepted. She’s very excited as Skidmore is one of her top schools.

I heard they took ~400 ED students, so they probably accepted around 1000 to fill the remaining 310 spots from the remaining 10,700 applicants. Congratulations to those who got in.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, gloomnoodles and awal1318 (and sorry about the waitlist). My daughter is interested in applying next year, but I’m concerned financial need will severely limit her chances at Skidmore.

1 Like

Booksman, How are you calculating 6.3% acceptance rate - that is not possible.
Oh, I see - 710/11000 -= well, they’d have to admit probably more than 3,000 - saw years back it was 3,000 when 8,000 applied - even more now with more applications. Juat the stats. Admission rate would be close to 30%
D accepted, not sure if merit/fin aid offer is enough.
And also happy for Greg :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been reading a lot of past threads on Skidmore during the application process and this seems to be a very prominent trend with Skidmore so I was wondering if this would come up this year among applicants as well. No aid can help as Skidmore is a “Need-aware” school but it certainly is NOT everything. Wishing your daughter good luck for next year!

1 Like

Hi all, congrats to those who were admitted and best of luck to those who were wait-listed… I’m apart of my class’ cum laude (top 10% of students) and had a bunch of ec’s and take IB but was also wait-listed… I also applied for financial aid and am wondering if it was that too…

3 Likes

So if they don’t mention anything in your letter, that means no financial aid ?

Some people say Skidmore has yield protection. Maybe that’s the reason.

1 Like

Best of luck to your daughter!

Daughter was waitlisted; applied for financial aid. It is a level school for her and would be a very good fit. She toured and reached out to certain departments afterwards. She has other options, though, so she is OK with it and removed herself from the waitlist.

I applied for financial aid but didn’t get any.

The financial aid letter was a second letter at the bottom of my decision letter for me.

Accepted!!

1 Like