Skidmore Class of 2025 -- Regular Decision

Can waitlisted/accepted people share their stats : GPA weighted/Unweighted, SAT/ACT, AP courses etc

UW GPA: 4.0
Test-optional
Around 12 APs, 15 DEs, 3 HNs
International student

My daughter was accepted. I wonder if your intended major has a big role in the decision.

She has a 4.0, only 1 AP (very few available at our school); 4 SUPA classes through Syracuse University, and 2 English classes through our local community college. She took the SAT in December of junior year, but it was cancelled every other time she signed up to take it (4 dates). She chose not to submit the one score she had because it was a baseline–before she started prepping at all.

Got rejected. Had a 4.0/4 GPA, SAT was fine for Skidmore. Extra curriculars included founder and head of a club. Needed financial aid though :confused: Bummer.

1 Like

Financial aid need really lessens our chance than it already is.

Have you applied to other college as well?
Also, I am an international, so I am really scared about needing financial aid. Rejection on way. :see_no_evil:

Yeah. I did apply to other colleges. Honestly, getting a lot of rejections. Haha. I’m an international student too. I just hope you’ve applied to colleges in your country too :confused:

1 Like

Accepted!!
I was given the decision to attend either the regular NY campus or the London campus for my first semester
Stats:
OOS
UW GPA: 3.7
Weighted GPA: 3.8
SAT: 1410
good essay and good ecs.
I’m really surprised and happy that I got in!
congrats to all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

DD was accepted with enough merit to make it do-able! She’s very excited.

Thank you so much.

Waitlisted
GPA: 3.82 Unweighted my school doesn’t do weighted
Test Optional
3 APs - Scored a 5 on AP English Lang and Comp., and AP Pych, 2 SUNY classes, One College Now Course, Good essay and Good ecs (Volunteer, theater, and law team), and work experience.

Waitlisted. I guess there’s only room for one Greg at Skidmore.:cry:congrats #greggang

3 Likes

i was accepted! if anyone wants to know my stats just pm me :slight_smile:

Is Skidmore good for pre-law ? Any thoughts ?

what is yield protection?

They reject or waitlist students that they feel like will get accepted to better schools or that they thought weren’t actually interested in their school so that the yield (or amount of accepted students who actually commit) stays high

1 Like

I’ve never heard of “yield protection” before, thank you for explaining that. My DS didn’t get accepted to Skidmore. We thought it might be because they aren’t need blind in their admissions process. We know his stats exceed their “typical” accepted student so we were very surprised he wasn’t at least waitlisted.

1 Like

Hey- we are planning to visit Skidmore the first week in april (we haven’t had a chance). Where would you recommend staying that will help give a good sense of the town/social culture?
Thanks!

1 Like

My daughter’s gpa is 4.23 of 4.5, honors and high honors, school does not offer AP classes, she has done service and sports…she was not admitted nor was she waitlisted. We woud need a lot of financial aid to afford Skidmore.

Great question. We are still waiting to hear from two schools and it doesn’t seem as though we will hear until April 6. How are we supposed to plan a visit this year when our spring break is the first week of April?

1 Like