Skidmore College Regular Decision Fall 2022 Admissions

Skidmore did well with financial aid for my son this admission cycle. I have no complaints as they gave similar aid to that my older son gets at another school with a much larger endowment.

3 Likes

That is great for your son! My impression is if you are admitted and qualify for need based aid itā€™s decent. I think itā€™s just harder for very well qualified kids to get admitted if they need financial aid. We did not qualify for need based aid but did participate in a program called Tuition Exchange as my husband works for a participating university and that was very competitive to get. We could not have afforded Skidmore without it.

2 Likes

I think the usual thing is to submit a letter of continued interest (LOCI). You should check whatever instructions Skidmore has though. How to Write a Great Letter of Continued Interest

Hi. My daughter and I had great visit at Skidmore. Iā€™m very concerned about the number of triples though. I realize a triple can happen anywhere but seems more routine at Skidmore ? Thoughts?

Skidmore doesnā€™t really share what percentage are in triples but I think itā€™s pretty common for freshman only. My D was in a triple but half way through the school year one roommate dropped out and so now the room is a double and itā€™s so much better. My daughter was offered the opportunity to do a double sometime in the first semester but she didnā€™t care for the other student she would be rooming with so she declined hoping for something better. So, opportunities do come up to de-triple but no guarantees.

If it makes you feel any better they donā€™t bunk the beds and each student has a pretty generous built in closet and each room has a window bench. There is room for all the furniture but just feels tight. The dorms are pretty dated too.

After freshman year they dont have triples and most sophomores are getting singles if they want them which seem pretty good. The juniors and seniors are in much newer really nice on campus apts. Housing is guaranteed.

So that is the scoop on the triples. Personally I wouldnt eliminate Skidmore for the triple reason alone but I agree itā€™s not ideal. If you have any other questions feel free to send me a DM!

1 Like