SLO Housing

Hi! Just committed to SLO with a full ride and had questions about its housing process and roommates.
Which buildings are the best for a freshman admit? I was invited to the TRIO program; do we have to dorm with those in the program? How exactly does the learning community work?

Factors:

1. Mental health: I am chronically depressed, however I am VERY outgoing and try my best to be positive. I don’t really party, but I’m interested in pushing myself to be more social in college as I know a huge factor in my disappointments of high school was that I did not go out as much and had many friends, but never a “group”. I would like a spacious place with a calm, nice atmosphere (flowers, not creepy or empty).
  2. Cost: Should I double or triple? Cost is a factor, but my mental health and the spaciousness also is a factor.
  3. Noise: Is it better to dorm on an upper floor?

These are just factors I’m concerned with, but please let me know if there are other factors to this as well!

There are several new Freshman dorm buildings opening in the Fall of 2018. It is the largest expansion of housing at Cal Poly in decades. There are not completed yet, so the housing website will most likely have the most information on floorplans and layouts.

Good luck to you.

I replied to your past post and am happy you chose SLO as they gave you a great package, but please quit saying “I got full-ride” on every post, it serves no purpose and lacks empathy for those struggling w/costs. As for housing, you pick your housing interest (can’t pick buildings or floors). As for 1, 2, 3 roommates, that is priority based, which started with the first group of acceptances months ago.