Slusher Question

<p>Any recommendations for what to bring/not bring for Slusher Wing dorm - from a guys point of view. Thanks!</p>

<p>I lived their three years ago so I hope it is not all that different. I remember that there were like carpet things on the wall in the hallway that seriously trap the heat. It gets really hot inside, so I would recommend a fan blowing directly in your face like 24/7.</p>

<p>Aw yeah, Slusher party!</p>

<p>Yeah, the biggest thing about Slusher is that it has carpeting on all of the walls. This helps trap heat in the winter but it cooks you in the warmer months. You definitely want a box fan or two. The other important consideration about Slusher is that the corner rooms tend to have less usable space because of the way that they’re setup–so hopefully you don’t get one of those. You might want to consider just bunking the beds in that case, since there’s no way to get a nice open area if you loft the beds in a corner room.</p>

<p>Keep the sink clean.</p>

<p>Anyone know anything about Miles Hall?- that’s where I’m at</p>

<p>My brother had Miles Hall his freshman year. And he said it was one of the bad dorms in Virginia Tech. Its Livable, but compared to the other dorms, it ranks low. Not the best Location, furthest away from the dining and parking. And has a very bad cockroach problem compared to other dorms. </p>

<p>Just keep in mind that it is livable and only for 1 year which will go by fast.</p>

<p>During freshman orientation this year (in slusher) i saw 2 cocroaches on 2 different floors. They are not more likely to be in Miles, so don’t worry.</p>