Smith College Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admission

This is the official thread for those applying ED to Smith College.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

Unweighted gpa 3.78 weighted 3.9

6 AP
CIS Spanish 4/5

Ultimate frisbee 2016-present
Plays for the state team, Superior (captain of u17 team) competes nationally

Speech team 12x medalist sections champ and state finalist 2023

Newspaper Editor-in-Cheif

I work on a small sustainable, women run flower farm

Intended major in Architecture with a minor in landscape studies

What are my chances of getting in?
Does Questbridge increase my chances of getting accepted over ED?

Also I live in rural MN on a small hobby farm unsure if that’s relevant or not

You might start a new thread to get more eyes on your post. Smith doesn’t offer a traditional BARCh degree that would allow you to work professionally as an architect (at least until you get a master’s degree). What are your career goals? Will you be applying to colleges with an architecture portfolio?

I don’t know if Questbridge increases your chances of acceptance at Smith. If your EFC is zero, I expect it does, but not sure. If you are considering applying via QB, that deadline is coming up relatively quickly (Sept 26) and the app is fairly involved. Have you run Smith’s net price calculator to gauge affordability? What other schools are on your list?

True, the Smith degree is a BA in Architecture, so you have to go to grad school if you want to be a Licensed Architect. On the other hand my Smithie graduated in Architecture, minor in Government, all the coursework for a minor in Landscape Studies (can’t have 2 minors). She had a solid GPA but no honors and got into Columbia for grad school on the first try. The Landscape Studies program in particular is unique and rarely available to undergrads.

Do you mean the Smith degree is NOT a BArch?

It is not a BArch. It is a BA, and the major is Art: Architecture and Urbanism.

1 Like

Hiiii
Chanceme ED1 Smith College please
GPA: 3.87
SAT: 1560
Gap year student, major in Education
Demographic: Southeast Asian
ECs

1. Full-time internship at an Educational company and its philanthropic arm, raise $20k funding to build schools in mountainous area, do administrative work for teachers, write informative educational articles for think tank
  2. Internship at National University of Education since 2020 - conduct researches with Vice Dean (got a good reclet from her), organizes large-scaled workshops (about 300 participations/each) with guest speakers who are distinguished psychologists from the US
    2.5. 500 hours/year of community work in the center for developmental disorder children since 2019
  3. Passion project on creating a website with animated social stories for developmental disorder children in English and mother tongue language (the first of its kind)
  4. Founder on project that teaches Sex Education, English, Maths and College Tutor to young girls in mountainous area
  5. President, coach of debate club and camps - be a competitive debater with national and international prizes (top 10 best speaker, champion, runner-up,…)
  6. Head of editor for a journalism project that raise awareness for young people in local community, reach 7k followers

I don’t know if I’m qualified to chance you but you sound like a smart and very interesting applicant! Your grades and scores certainly seem in range for Smith. I hope you are accepted!