Snow day!

<p>Obligatory thread! Classes are canceled tomorrow! :] UW-Madison</a> classes cancelled, non-essential employees asked to stay home (Dec. 8, 2009)</p>

<p>It's weird to have a snow day. The last time the university was closed was back in February 2008 (I think), and that was because it was so cold outside. So this is a rare occurrence, and to be closed because of actual snow, no less!</p>

<p>It's exciting, but classes are canceled for a reason. Places like Bascom are kinda hard to get around in this weather. :B</p>

<p>Heck ya!!!</p>

<p>People were going nuts around here last night. Snowball fights were breaking out all over the place and cops started getting involved because I guess people were hitting cars. Overall a great time last night though :)</p>

<p>For todays festivities I expect to see everyone on Bascom for the campus wide fight haha. I love Madtown. :)</p>

<p>I think UW-Madison has only closed 4 times in the past 49 years! I remember it closed in 1976 for a terrible ice storm. All you young people should enjoy the chance to have a snow day!</p>

<p>It’s unfortunate that people have to ruin the fun by doing things like throwing snowballs at cars. I saw a video of a bunch of snowmen on Gilman getting plowed, and the people threw snowballs at the plows. Well duh. You built snowmen in the middle of the road. What do you think will happen? =P</p>

<p>Kids will be kids!</p>

<p>Half the fun of being in college is that child/adult situation. Enjoy while you can!</p>

<p>^^^^Amen^^^^</p>