So....who has had a covid vaccine?

Near Richmond.

Downstate New Yorkers:
If youā€™re eligible - book thursday morning for new overnight appointments.
Javits Center
Address: 429 11th Ave, New York, NY 10001
Pilot Start Date: Friday, March 5
Pilot Hours of Operation: 9 p.m. - 6 a.m.
Appointments:
Appointments go live at 8 a.m. on Thursday, March 4
Eligible New Yorkers seeking appointments should visit New Yorkā€™s ā€˜Am I Eligibleā€™ website or call the stateā€™s COVID-19 Vaccination Hotline at 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829).

1 Like

I know Iā€™m late to this party, but Iā€™m hoping to get the JNJ if possible. 72% is great and I hate needles. One and done sounds way better, to me. But of course Iā€™ll take whatever I can get.

3 Likes

String bird, also needle phobic here, and itā€™s amazing the tiny needle and itā€™s so fast, itā€™s really hardly noticeable. ( I promise)

3 Likes

creek land. I too had been checking VA CVS for days for FIL, and just lucked out. Last Friday (~4:00 pm ET) they must have received a truck load of vaccine since every VA city with a CVS vax site showed availability ā€“ grabbed a spot for FIL the next day. By the time I completed his rez, and went to book a spot for his partner, Saturday was full, so got one on Sunday for her.

Keep refreshing. Good luck.

2 Likes

Anyone have a suggestion for Prince George County MD? Relatives there are having a heck of a time scheduling. Same with another relative in Annapolis. Whatā€™s going on in MD?

1 Like

Got my Pfizer #2 this morning. Curious to see if I have any side effects. Last time I had a really sore arm, so Iā€™m expecting that again.

@thumper1 did you see my post to you on one of the other Covid threads? I gave info for how to get alerts to Six Flags in PG County. I just got an alert today, sent to my neighbors and one of the two managed to secure an appointment. That would help both the PG residents and the Annapolis residents. Did the Annapolis residents sign up with the county health department as well as Luminis? If not, let me know and Iā€™ll get some links for you. And are these people tech savvy and just canā€™t secure appointments or do they actually need someone to help them?

1 Like

DH and I got our first Moderna shots at a Fryā€™s (Kroger) pharmacy in Scottsdale, AZ this afternoon. We got there about 25 minutes early not knowing what to expect in terms of appointment/line management but no one was thereā€”no customers at all, not even dropping off or picking up prescriptions at 1PM. It was very strange as this was in an otherwise busy part of town. We were in and out quickly and realized as we were driving home that the pharmacist did not make us wait for observation after the shots. :woman_shrugging:

Many thanks to @Mwfan1921 for the VaccineFinder link on the rollout thread which helped us find and schedule our appointments easily.

7 Likes

So glad to hear you got your first dose without any long lines. My brother, also in Scottsdale, will get his tomorrow at State Farm stadium. I am as excited about his shot as I will be when I finally get one. I may be waiting a very long time in CA at my age.

3 Likes

For Maryland/PG county - get on the MedStar list. Also check out Adventist Health - they have community clinics. You can sign up for an ā€œalert meā€. The larger Safeways are administering the vaccine (Greenbelt store is in PG). I did hear that people line up at Anne Arundle Medical Ctr in Annapolis waiting for leftover vaccines (from cancellations/no-shows)

1 Like

I had my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today. It was a well run community site with many stations, so I am guessing they were vaccinating about 1,000+ people each hour. Wow!

I did wait for 15 minutes, but there were so many people waiting (about 250) that we were on the honor system. When I got home, I snuggled under an afghan (knit by my late mom) and took a lovely afternoon nap.

I am grateful to all of the people that are making this possible, especially the scientists and medical community.

9 Likes

I had #2 Moderna today. Now my clock is running: haircut in 2 weeks!

No noticeable side-effects as of yet. Iā€™ve been a little bit shivery, but it is a cold day today ā€“ so hard to know if I was just cold. I went my usual fairly brisk 1 mile dog walk ā€” then felt a teensy bit light-headed and queasy after I got home .while I was fixing the dogā€™s dinner ā€¦ but maybe that was just being a little bit winded from the walk. Honestly, I donā€™t know if I would even notice these symptoms but for the need to answer the checklist of symptoms on the V-Safe app.

The mass drive-through was fast & smooth, with everyone very cheerful and friendly. The most complicated part was driving around an elaborate maze of traffic cones set up in the huge empty parking lot. I guess there are other times of day when things get busier? Anyway, the traffic-cone maze could be a great substitute for a combined cognitive & driver safety test for us senior citizens. I made it through without knocking over any cones. :wink:

7 Likes

#1 Moderna today. Mass drive-through went very smooth. Lots of older volunteers. They all wanted to chat while we were in line. They were saying they were more than 2 weeks past their second vaccine and now they wanted to volunteer and help. One older man working the 15 minute post shot wait just wanted to talk. He seemed lonely. He even showed me a photo of his cat that he loves that is with his ex wife. I stayed a few minutes longer to chat with him and make him happy.

11 Likes

Thank you. Will pass this on.

DH had number 1 Moderna today at the same place where I had my number one. When I was there, they had three vaccine stations. They now have five. Very efficient even though running a little behind.

It was a VAMS scheduling so he has to schedule shot 2. But they did tell him that if he canā€™t get in with a week left, call and they will get him an appointment. They very much prefer that folks go to the same place for number 2. Soā€¦he will start looking tonightā€¦and will do so every night until he has an appointment!

2 Likes

Got #2 Moderna today at 3 pm. By 6:30 I had a very sore arm. By midnight I was shaking with chills and had a fever that seems to have leveled off at 100. I canā€™t remember the last time I had a fever so I feel sicker than I actually am. Iā€™d go to bed but Iā€™m afraid Iā€™ll be too cold to sleep. Still better than Covid.

6 Likes

Iā€™m almost 12 hours out from my Moderna #2. Virtually no symptoms ā€“ Iā€™ve actually felt energetic all evening ā€“ my upper arm is sore to the touch and very slight muscle soreness when I move my arm (far less than I expect to experience when I go back to the gym in 2 weeks). This is about the same as I had with dose #1.

5 Likes

Husband just had the J&J. I will get it tomorrow

10 Likes

Great! It will be interesting to compare side effects between J&J and the mRNA ones.

1 Like