So....who has had a covid vaccine?

Although outdoors is less risky than indoors, waiting in line for several hours means that they were presumably in proximity to the same other people immediately ahead of and behind them. If line put them directly downwind of an infected person for several hours, then the small risk builds up over time. Masks as typically worn would reduce the risk perhaps by a factor of 3 to 5, but several hours is definitely more than 3 to 5 times the amount of time it could take to be infected if directly downwind of an infected person for that long.

1 Like

Husband and I have had both doses of Moderna. Daughter will qualify as of April 1.

4 Likes

Got 2nd Moderna shot Thursday. Very little energy for the next two days, which is what also happened after the first shot.

4 Likes

Med school lad told us the timing is 15 minutes if around someone infected, not hours. It doesn’t really matter if it’s indoors or outdoors if the air flow outdoors doesn’t move (isn’t windy, etc). Indoors it can be fine with more time if the ventilation is good.

It has been suggested to NOT laminate your vaccine card. There is a strong possibility you may need additional doses in the future. Protect it but do not laminate it.

6 Likes

If you make your vaccine card part of your medical record it can always be accessed. Take a photo of it. Scan it as a pdf and email it to yourself.

Also sharpies work on laminated items. :blush:

4 Likes

It needs to be a permanent marker Sharpie or it will wipe right off.

They can always give you a new card and start it with the old info (date of first two shots and lot numbers. I’m sure more than one person has lost the little card between vaccinations or forgot to bring it to the second appointment.

Really there is no need to laminate. I still have the same vaccination records for my kids from 25 years ago, the little folding cards where they added all their dpt/ hep A/MMR shots as they got them.

1 Like

Well yes. I may not be aware of all sharpie products but to me Sharpie = permanent marker

2 Likes

Getting my first dose this afternoon.

14 Likes

Regarding the COVID-19 vaccine cards
 for your own records, take a photo of it, and also let your primary care physician('s medical group) know that you got the vaccine so that it can be put in your medical records (assuming that most of the forum demographic has a primary care physician – obviously, if you do not have a primary care physician, you need to manage your own medical records).

There does not seem to be any need to carry the card around all the time where it may get damaged or lost.

1 Like

My PCP will also be adding this vaccine to my yellow card which is with my passport at all times.

Unless you want free donuts. :grinning:

10 Likes

I have a photo of my vaccination card on my phone. That way I take it almost everywhere that I go. I will of course take another photo when I get my second dose.

My vaccinations are in my medical record, I have a photo on my phone, and keep the original in a zippered compartment in my purse.

3 Likes

Myself, my daughter and my partner all got our first Pfizer shot last week. We got a call late in the evening from a friend of a friend to say that a local clinic had extra unexpected shots and needed to fill slots the next day.

So grateful to have had the shot, even if puzzled as to why there wasn’t a list of prioritized people for the clinic to contact rather than reaching out to a random assortment of individuals.

So happy for my daughter especially who has been scrupulous about distancing and now will be able to enjoy her return to school/senior events after a year of isolation and distance learning.

11 Likes

deleted for privacy reasons

5 Likes

My mom told me that there was a community center around her with a big covid outbreak (ping pong, swimming pool), but everyone who had covid vaccine didn’t get infected. I guess the vaccines actually do work. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Older S and my parents got their second shots yesterday. Older S (Pfizer) just was tired that nigjt. My parents (Moderna) have the full range of symptoms.

9 Likes

My D20 just got her first Pfizer dose!! So happy. She will have her second dose prior to coming home for the summer (but right before finals, ugh). Still very happy that she will be done and we don’t have to figure out how to get her second dose after she comes back to California. Woohoo!

9 Likes