Social life of a nursing major?

<p>Do you still have free time? Can you still party? What if you are a pre nursing major? I hope to be able to do well and have a social life. Is it possible? Please help! Is it less time consuming than pre med majors? Thankss!</p>

<p>Aren’t there a lot of male nursing majors ? What about the pre-med students ? Ask an adviser at a program for nurses .</p>

<p>You didn’t answer my question…</p>

<p>You should ask questions that would indicate that you’ve done some research (it is all here in previous content), then frame your questions as if you were serious about this major. I’m sorry. I believe I speak for others too.</p>

<p>But i can attempt to pick up where polite faux left off. The lower-quality the program, the more “party” time you will have, non-direct or direct-entry.</p>

<p>As for comparison of Nursing curriculum with Pre-Med: again, there are great threads available on CC for Pre-Med paths, core requirements. </p>

<p>But please read as much as you can first.</p>

<p>Pre-Meds and Nursing students both have to work hard. The difference is that almost all nursing school grads end up with a career without high debt when they are done with college. Pre-meds need to be much more grade-chasing, and about half won’t get into any med school. If they make it into med school, chances are they will have hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. </p>

<p>For nursing, you should try to attend a college that you can afford without needing to do non-clinical work during the school year. </p>

<p>Many colleges with nursing programs are non-selective in their non-nursing admissions. Therefore, they attract some party animals who drop out. In comparison, the nursing students are working much harder. However, it may not be that the nursing students are over-worked - it is that too many of the non-nursing students are slackers.</p>

<p>At smaller Division III colleges, I’m told that many nursing students are able to play a sport if they manage their time properly.</p>

<p>Ideally, you would find a program that does not require the expense of a car and the need to drive a couple hours a day to get to clinicals.</p>

<p>Are the prerequisites for a pre-nursing major harder or easier than the prerequisites for a pre med student?</p>

<p>The first two years of college for pre-nursing (non-direct entry programs) and pre-med students are both pretty intense and time consuming, obviously depending on the school attended. IMO pre-nursing might be a tad bit “easier” (this term is difficult to define) overall but not at a level that should be the deciding factor in determining one major in favor of the other. Many of the courses are the same.</p>

<p>Both require students to budget their time well, with a preference given to scholastic activities. You really don’t want to fall behind in either. My D was in a direct entry nursing program and actually did join a sorority as well. You just need to realize that you will need to allot more time to studying compared to many of your peers in other less intense majors. If you are not good at budgeting your time well I would not recommend either major. Best of luck to you.</p>

<p>I would say that as a nursing major, there definitely is time to go out with friends on the weekends. With that being said, it also means that you have to work your butt off twice as much as your friends in most other majors because of the workload you carry. It can be done though. Different people tackle it in different ways. I had some friends that basically lived at the library all week long, and we never saw them until the weekends. Other friends worshipped at their tutors feet. Personally, I tried to get as much work out of the way as possible. And then going out was a reward that would only happen if I got everything done.
There were a bunch of girls that managed to join a sorority this year too. Most of us are involved in some activity or another. I’m on the club swim team and model UN travel team. You just have to know your limits and how much you can handle on your plate.</p>