Sophie Davis Accepted Students 2023

strong textis the rsvp email for accepted students only for April 22nd?

We submitted SAT scores because results were above the threshold. But it was test optional this year

1 Like

Yes welcome reception is for accepted students. We were to email our reservation

Can anyone share when they need to confirm acceptance by? Also wondering when alternates will know if they have a chance?

We have to notify our decisions by May 1st so I’m assuming the earliest an alternative would be notified is May 2nd

Yeah, they spelled the word “admissions” wrong

please join discord Sophie Davis BS/MD class of 2030

Hey, it says the link’s invalid

Hey. I didn’t take the ACT but l have a strong SAT. Should also take the ACT and submit both scores for Sophie Davis?

Hey congrats to those accepted!!! I have a few more burning questions:

• Should the Common App essay be about medicine or be about something else? Because I have a good idea but it doesn’t exactly relate to medicine

• Would you suggest taking the ACT when I already have a strong SAT score? Sorry for the repetition on this one

Thank u again

This post is for any future Sophie Davis applicants.

After acceptance into the program, Sophie Davis has a mandatory on-campus Pre-Matriculation Program for all incoming students. For 2023, the program is running from July 5, 2023 to August 11, 2023 from 9 AM to 5 PM. If you plan on coming to Sophie Davis, please keep this in mind before you make any summer plans as you will be forced to cancel them in order to attend the pre-matriculation program. If you do not attend the pre-matriculation program in full, Sophie Davis has made it clear that they will defer your acceptance to the following year.

1 Like

Hi,

Sophie Davis does not use Common App or Coalition App for its application. They have their own application. In order to apply to Sophie Davis you have to visit their webpage to complete the application. In addition to the Sophie Davis application, you also have to submit an application to the City College of New York through the CUNY application portal and designate Biomedical Sciences as your major. Although you could theoretically re-use your Common App essay, your Common App essay has nothing to do with the Sophie Davis essays unless it answers at least one of their essay prompts. Sophie Davis requires the applicant to submit 3 essays that are no more than 1000 words each. The first essay is about what influenced you to pursue a career in medicine. The second essay is about what activities have you completed during high school that you found the most meaningful and why. The third essay asks what activities have you completed that demonstrate that your personal mission is consistent with the mission of the Sophie Davis program.

As far as standardized scores, I would check the Sophie Davis website to determine if they will be optional or required for the upcoming application cycle. Just an FYI, prior to the pandemic Sophie Davis required applicants to submit both ACT and SAT scores.

Hi all! I’m very interested in the Sophie Davis BS/MD program and was just wondering if anyone could share any general tips on how to get in (interviews, essays, demonstrating interest, etc)? Also I am OOS so any advice on that would also be much appreciated.
Thank you!

Also, how is everyone liking the program?
Again, thank you!