Sophie Davis Fall 2021

just got an email from sophie davis saying they recieved all of my application materials

1 Like

And also your guidance counselor didnā€™t have to review your application right?

nah they didnā€™t i just told them to send my recommendation and and trasncripts to the email

Is Sophie Davis not accepting physical mail ins this year? I received an email saying they received my application but I havenā€™t heard anything else

Thatā€™s what it said on my email too. It said my application and essays have been received I donā€™t think it means rec letters necessarily. I think you should email them to make sure if they are accepting mail ins, although I think they are. I might be wrong idk. But email

Iā€™ve emailed them, hopefully they respond. Thank you for your response.

1 Like

Hey guys I just got an email regarding that too. I think what they mean when saying that college counselors are supposed to send in reccs they probably just mean that as like in general. I think the letters and transcripts theyā€™ll probably notify us later.

1 Like

Hey everyone! Iā€™m also a current Sophie Davis ā€œhopefulā€ applicant. Iā€™m not really familiar with the Macaulay Honors Program, and just wanted to clarify that if you get accepted to Sophie Davis you have to decide on one of the two programs, right??

1 Like

My DC applied to this program and she is oos. I heard this program prefers instate students who come from underpriviliged background. Is it still the case or is it more diverse student pool in the recent years?

1 Like

From my understanding, after reading old threads, in-state and underrepresented applicants do have a higher rate of acceptance because Sophie focuses on students that will work in physician shortage areas of NY and who are of African American/LatinX backgrounds. But, I believe 50% of their acceptances do fall out of this focus too!

1 Like

Yes, if you get accepted to both Sophie Davis and Macaulay, you have to choose one of them. Canā€™t do both

Yes I agree with @101study101. Around fifty percent of the matriculants are from under represented minorities (black, Hispanic or native) but others are not. And yes itā€™s harder for Oos to get in but itā€™s definitely not impossible. When I went to the open house I actually heard someone speak who was from Florida I believe.

1 Like

All you have to do is have a passion to serve under represented minorities.

1 Like

Thank you all for the inputsā€¦I will share it with my dc.

2 Likes

How come?!

I dont understand what you mean by how come? ā€œHow come you canā€™t do both?ā€ Those are the rules lol If you get into both Macaulay at City College and Sophie Davis @ City College? You canā€™t do both. They both have different curriculums and advanced classes.

Ohh okay! Thatā€™s a big ultimatum since theyā€™re 2 great programs. I applied to Sophie as well, hoping to get an interview call!

Yeah :slight_smile: Good Luck! Let us know if you get an interview. They actually might start sending invites this week I believe

Oh wow, how do you know we might start getting interview notification this week? And good luck to everyone.

1 Like

Good luck to you guys too!! We all put our blood & sweat into that application. :100: Iā€™ll let you guys know & likewise.

1 Like