Sophie Davis Fall 2021

omg @Toor03 I also just accepted my offer to hunter college! @ashk917 is thinking about hunter too. We should stick together!

2 Likes

I liked how u guys are moving
 love this spirit

2 Likes

Lol gotta move on quick in life😂. It’s just god’s plan ya know lmao

2 Likes

I wanted to leave this for next year’s applicants that are going to be as nerve wracked as I was for the past week.

SD Admissions was very uncommunicative and shady about their admissions process to the point that I had to research multiple years back and find the pattern myself. As a student, I will try my best to change that.

Anyways, stats-wise I am a high school senior from the Bronx and I participated in a myriad of extracurriculars mostly focusing on culinary, volunteering, and my medical program. I would suggest you find a medicine-oriented extracurricular to show that you had some type of exposure to the medical field and to also see for yourself if you want to do medicine.

Your essays are very very important as well as your interviews (hence why people who didn’t get interviews are automatically rejected) so work hard on presenting yourself and reflecting yourself as the person you want people to see.

So you don’t have to go back, rejections from people without interviews went out the day before (March 30, 2021) and rejections, waitlists, and acceptances came out during the morning (9-11am, March 31, 2021). I don’t know what will come out tomorrow. One thing I want everyone to know is that no matter what, if you really want to be a doctor, you will become one. Simple as that. I know it sounds like one of those books rich people write and they’re like envision and goal and boom you’re rich as hell. But I truly believe that if you want something, you shouldn’t let anything, not even Sophie Davis stop you from it. It is very healthy to cry, be anxious, and feel a lot of things right now. Just make sure it doesn’t stop you from becoming who you want to be. I truly truly wish you all the best and I pray there are good things in your future. <3

9 Likes

Any of you got in both Brooklyn BA/MD and Sophie Davis?

Can someone explain to me if they know how the interviews impact your acceptance/rejection, because I emailed one the interviewers and she said she’s not part of the committee. I honestly don’t understand.

Yes. So your interviewers are not the ones making the decisions on our acceptance or rejection. They are merely our advocates to the people who do make those decisions.

1 Like

Who was ur interviewer?

I would like to join!!!

1 Like

omg im thinking about hunter as well!!!

1 Like

guys sorry for the super long pause! i was waitlisted as for my Sophie decision.

but i just wanted to congratulate those of you who got in! and those of you who didn’t get in, it’s completely okay. Because at the end of the day if you want to become a physician, there are always other paths to take. So please don’t dwell on this, and think about what’s coming next!

as for my future plans, i think i will be attending Hunter College if nothing updates with the waitlist.

I believe @Toor03 and @ellona0327 are looking into attending (please tell me if there r more!) so that sounds super fun!!

i would also like to be in the group if that’s okay with u guys!

4 Likes

I was accepted yesterday. My interviewers were just amazing. It’s 3 interviews that last around an hour each. My first was with a 6th year student (she was on a rotation in the psych ward while giving me the LOL). My second was with Dean Macbeth who is the head of student affairs I believe, and my third was with a Dr.Deen who teaches the Sophie 3rd years I believe @Dr.S1

3 Likes

It’s good to hear from you! I completely agree, we will just have to take the traditional route on our journey to be a doctor. I already accepted my Hunter offer officially and I believe @Toor03 and @ashk917 did too. Our group is called Hunter College Fall 2021 Admitted Students! Good luck to everyone and keep in touch

2 Likes

i think u may have gotten a weird notification, but that was my attempt to private message you about what details i should be sending to join the group chat.

Oh lmao we actually don’t have a group chat on group me for hunter and @smoresbackupacc is now the admin of the group me chat for sophie davis. If you want to join the chat, private message her with your number and she could add you!

Wait I was confused on which thread this is lmao but yeah send @smoresbackupacc your #

how diff is the process of applying when u r in college

My daughter just got her acceptance email. I’m a little worried about the graduation rate though,I understand a lot of kids drop out, can anyway verify this ?, she has a choice between SD, University at Buffalo, Binghamton and Stony

She has a chance of a lifetime with Sophie. She can go to other colleges you mentioned but be prepare to have her seek out medical ECs throughout college, go through MCAT get a great score, don’t forget to apply to 25 medical schools when she graduate and by then she has to fly in for interview. These interview will not be as easy like the Sophie questions for BSMD and there is no right or wrong with some questions. If she cannot handle the rigor of Sophie, maybe being a doctor is not her calling. This is not meant to scare you. If Sophie accepted your daughter, it means they saw something in her and hopefully she helps anchor the future of our healthcare system. IMHO, if she has good SAT like over 1500 and takes a lot of AP courses in high school, you should not worry too much. If not, then she has an opportunity to study harder, put in extra hours, and achieve her goal of becoming a physician. Either way, she has an excellent opportunity with Sophie.

Congratulations to your DD. Are you In-State? My DD was put on Waiting List and we r OOS.