Sophie Davis Fall 2021

Hey guys! This is my first time posting at this forum but Sophie Davis is my first choice school! I applied to Macaulay honors as well but didn’t receive an interview :confused:
For letters of recommendation, my teachers were concerned that they did not receive any “verification email” for their letter. Did your teacher / guidance counselor receive one?

2 Likes

For Macaulay Honors, only some people get an interview. Others get accepted without them so don’t worry. The decision will come out March 22. Yeah, there is no verification I believe so there’s nothing to worry about. Good Luck! Let us know how it goes

1 Like

Since week one is over, did anyone receive an interview yet?

yes, only hunter does interviews for Macaulay.

No. I haven’t gotten one yet. Last year the first interview happened January 19th.

Maybe they have more applicants to review this year so it’s taking longer to decide who gets an interview?

1 Like

I definitely agree. I said the same thing.

I hope we all get a call!!

Hunter doesn’t interview everyone either. Some people get in without it so don’t lose hope.

Yeah next week they should definitely start sending them out hopefully. Good Luck!

2 Likes

on this fact sheet (https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/sites/default/files/2020-09/Fact%20Sheet%20BS-MD-Admissions%202020-2021%208-31-2020%20A.pdf) interviews start on the 26th so its normal we havent heard anything anything yet
they’ll probably start sending invites ~jan 19

2 Likes

Right. Starting the 19 they’ll definitely start sending invites. I hope we all get a call!!

1 Like

Just wondering, based on past years, do they send interview invites to everyone that receives an interview at once, or do some kids have to wait longer? I know that selected students will have interviews on different dates, but do we all at least know that we’ve been selected at the same time?

1 Like

all different times! I had a friend who applied last year. She didnt get contacted till end of february

Yes. My friend didn’t get an interview email until March.

Many of us might have to wait a long time lol. Hopefully we all get an interview at least. Good luck again to everyone.

Welp at least that means I won’t cry myself to sleep if I get nothing this upcoming week :wink:
Fingers crossed we all get an interview sometime these months!

Also, is this the only BS/MD program you guys applied to? It is for me because I don’t want to pay a fortune going to a private school undergrad and I didn’t know about Brooklyn’s program.

1 Like

Don’t worry of you truly want it you’ll definitely get it.

Hi! Yes, this is the only one that I applied to. Also, you can get into med school from any CUNY, including the Brooklyn Program.

1 Like

Hey, let us know if you get an interview invitation. The waiting is so hard. Lol good luck to you.

1 Like