Sororities at CC?

<p>What are the Delta Gamma, Kappa Alpha Theta, and Kappa Kappa Gamma chapters like at Colorado College?</p>

<p>As I went to Admitted Students day, I asked my host about this. She said that the sorority scene and greek life in general doesn’t “define” you as you may find at other schools. She said that the sororities and fraternities were mostly service organizations that do a lot of community service and put on a lot of on campus activities. Also, she said that the members of greek life don’t stay in the houses, but live in regular dorms. </p>

<p>As for particular sororities, I’m afraid I can’t help you out there. I don’t know about that… But from what I gathered, Greek life really isn’t very central at life at CC.</p>

<p>I was told when I visited that there is an old state law in Colorado that states that if more than six woman are living in one house/building, it’s considered a brothel. So, there are no sororities at CC.</p>

<p>Also, I got the feeling that greek life (there’s only one frat I believe) is neither revered nor hated at CC, it’s just a small part of campus life.</p>

<p>I go to CC now and can tell you that is not true, but rather a widespread rumor. The other thing you said is also false, considering there are three sororities and three fraternities on campus. The last thing you said is correct.</p>

<p>I stand corrected! Thanks for the update, especially before I attend next year and make a fool of myself :)</p>

<p>my daughter is in a sorority at CC. I never thought she was the “type” of girl to join a sorority. It has been great for her. They really are philantrophy based and they do some really fun things together. There is no hazing and all are welcome. I highly recommend looking into them. Although my daughter loves her sisters at DG she said all three of sororities are really great.</p>

<p>As a CC alumna who joined a sorority 30+ years ago (this sorority is now no longer on campus) I was appalled when my daughter, currently attending CC, recently went through rush and did not receive ANY offers from any of the three existing sororities. Reason given: cannot find a good fit. CC Greek system used to be very inclusive but apparently no longer. My daughter is not weird or a person who is offensive - it appears the not all are welcome as stated above. Seems to me that the system wants to be “exclusive.” Fortunately, the Greek system is not a significant part of campus life and there are many other organizations to join, many that focus on philanthropy as do the sororities and fraternities, but just don’t approach membership as restrictively.</p>