Sororities?

<p>I’m a prospective student for the fall of 2014, and I don’t know a THING about sororities here, though I know I want to join one. What is the process for trying to get into one? How do you sign up? What do you need to do? I’m just really confused about the whole thing and would appreciate the help!</p>

<p>First off, search for all threads that mention “sorority” in them. Look for any info from aphimommy. Read a blog called sorority girl 101, email said person with any questions that may not be answered. Start asking now everyone you know if they were in a sorority and would write a rec for you. Ask friends moms, your mothers friends, teachers, etc. Plan to attend Preview Weekend in January/February. Bring mom and/or dad to Preview to attend the parent info session. Tell mom/dad to stay and listen to each and every speaker at Preview weekend, don’t skip out if it seems to sound “boring”, it is not! And it is ALL vital info.<br>
Check in your area if there is a local Panhellinic that you can join in the next year and find out if they have a info session for any potential new members that can help you gain more recs.</p>

<p>Best of luck</p>

<p>Go to uapanhellenic.com and READ READ READ.
FYI, you don’t join an alumnae panhellenic group. You can go to npcwomen.org and see if there is one listed for your area. Such groups often have information sessions to help Prospective New Members the winter or spring before you will enter college.</p>

<p>Txnew has a typo in her post.</p>

<p>The screenname to look up is ahpimommy</p>