Sorority Recruitment, Home Town teas and Preview Weekend

<p>Yes…a Lilly would be great! You will see many girls in dresses. A Lilly would be appropriate for the brunches. Each sorority will hold their own teas. brunches or bbq’s and some might have a theme but you will find most girls in nice dresses…no jeans or pants.</p>

<p>The link to register for Panhellenic Preview Weekend is now up! [2013</a> Spring Panhellenic Preview Day - February 23, 2013](<a href=“THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA PANHELLENIC ASSOCIATION”>THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA PANHELLENIC ASSOCIATION)</p>

<p>Beware you must enter your CWID…where does one find that??? I know I’ve seen it somewhere, but searched all over MyBAMA and can’t find it anywhere…suggestions???</p>

<p>The easiest place to find it is on the top right hand side of the week at a glance page, which can be accessed from the center of the home page on MYBAMA.</p>

<p>If you applied this year as a freshman, they sent me an email with my name and CWID after I finished my application.</p>

<p>Ound it on Week at a GLance — that was anything but intuitive, but THANK YOU! We had searched all over (nearly) MyBAMA and never thought to look there!</p>

<p>Off to finish the Panhellenic Preview registration…</p>

<p>ALSO requires you upload a picture…just so you know.</p>

<p>Ahphimom,
What s a Lilly? Is that a brand ame … We don’t have that in SoCal.
My daughter will visit Bama for thatt weekend as you recommended.</p>

<p>it is a lilly pulitzer dress. google lilly pulitzer.</p>

<p>if you all are not use to that style, your daughter may not like them at all. some girls do, and some girls don’t.</p>

<p>Of course you can find them in Southern California! Here’s a link that shows where they’re sold: [Lilly</a> Pulitzer - Store Locator](<a href=“http://www.lillypulitzer.com/custserv/locate_store.cmd]Lilly”>Lilly Pulitzer Store Locator | Lilly Pulitzer) plus you can buy online.
However…Lilly dresses are expensive. It is NOT necessary to have one to rush!! Go here [Alabama</a> Panhellenic](<a href=“http://www.uapanhellenic.com/]Alabama”>http://www.uapanhellenic.com/) and take a look at the pictures throughout the site. Also this [UA</a> Greek Chic 2012](<a href=“http://issuu.com/katgillan/docs/greek_chic_2012_final]UA”>UA Greek Chic 2012 by Kat Gillan - Issuu) is last year’s recruitment guide. Dress for the spring parties will be somewhat like this, maybe a little heavier because of cooler weather. Please do not feel you must have a wardrobe of $150 to $400 dresses to rush!! However, now would be a good time to look. There might be some sales.</p>

<p>Ru La La has Lilly sales a lot! Also you can buy them on the Re-Lilly Facebook page for substantially less than you would pay at a store.</p>

<p>About 6000 Lilly dresses on Ebay, new, used and otherwise…</p>

<p>Check out the 2 day sale Lilly Pulitzer online – Jan 3 and 4.</p>

<p>the Lilly dresses seem very short, very short. Are they an acceptable length, or are they only long enough for girls of medium or short stature?</p>

<p>Depends on the Lilly…I find some a little long. I am not good at buying sight unseen, especially if you can’t return them. I was surprised last year during recruitment some of the dresses on PNMs were shorter than I would like to see.</p>

<p>My D is 5’10" and we have never had an issue w/ the Lilly dresses being too short on her. Her inseam is a 34" so she is all leg. The Lilly’s that are more casual, that are all cotton and more like a beach cover or casual dress do tend to be shorter. But by no means are they too short. D was very comfortable in her Lilly casual dress for recruitment.</p>

<p>PS: The Pink Door is having a HUGE Lilly sale right now.</p>

<p>the only free-standing Lilly store in Houston (which was two miles from our house! didn’t they realize we would need them?) closed last year…guess we will go down to Neimans to try them on…</p>

<p>TXArchitect…that is exactly what we did. Went to NM and tried on a variety of styles. Knew D was exactly an 8 or a medium in everything we tried on. I will tell you that I never paid full price for a Lilly. D has 5 of them from the very casual shorter version to a very dressy one w/ lace across the top. I never paid more than $108 for ANY of them and 3 of them were at the $50 mark.</p>

<p>I used ebay, Pink Door sales and Re-Lilly on Facebook. Could not afford it if I had to pay full price. </p>

<p>Lilly does tend to run very true to size…</p>

<p>Got the notification email this morning on the online 2 day sale. D just picked out a dress and we ordered that. </p>

<p>I loved the little casual dresses but she seemed to think they were too casual. I thought they could be “dressed up” a little w/ a cute scarf, wedges, and just the right touch of jewelry. </p>

<p>TXArchitect, the Lily store here at NorthPark Mall closed last year as well :frowning:
There is one on the other side of the Metroplex and not very convienent at all. Did not even think about NM caring Lily.</p>

<p>One more thing…not sure if it was mentioned here. You absolutely do not need Lilly to go thru recruitment. However, you do need to know that girls commented on D’s dress in various houses and it is noted. D’s roommate did not have a Lilly, was from San Diego and she had a very successful recruitment as did several of my D’s friends.</p>

<p>Also by the time a couple of days have gone by, the girls are making lots of new friends and dress borrowing is pretty common. D loaned dresses to roommates during recruitment and both loaned and borrowed for game day dresses.</p>

<p>One more thing…Lilly can only be worn between Memorial Day and Labor Day! Just one of those Sorority rules. So before you invest a ton in this, be aware that they won’t be getting tons of wear on campus.</p>