Southwest 11/26 - More Price Drops

<p>Just rebooked for the 2nd time – Price is now at our “normal” travel price unde $100 less than when I booked it a few months ago.</p>

<p>Go check your rates!</p>

<p>Unfortunately, return flights are still crazy.</p>

<p>Just saved $23 on DD’s Thanksgiving flights. Every little bit helps. Thanks for the tip! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>How do you do that? Do you book a new reservation and cancel the old one? That must sound stupid sorry, if flight is sold out isn’t that risky?</p>

<p>Cancel your reservation and then rebook with the credit. The balance of the credit remains available for use on a future flight. ‘Restrictions apply’ of course.</p>

<p>I’ve never had any issue with this process.</p>

<p>NOTE: I would not attempt on a sold out flight. Only flights showing available, lower fares.</p>

<p>Thx, makes perfect sense, too bad his flights are sold out!!</p>

<p>Do NOT cancel - use the change flight function. That way you don’t give up the old until you have booked the new.</p>

<p>Ah, thanks! I do believe I have done that in the past, this last time I just cancelled. Sorry for the bad advice, upstate! </p>

<p>And thanks for saving me, Class2012 :)</p>

<p>Was just able to get a credit of $84 for my DD flying into Midway the morning of the 27th! Thanks so much! It will cover most of her flight returning after Christmas!</p>

<p>I don’t see how you are all getting these credits! We booked using wanna getaway points and no flights seem to have those now for next week, so we couldn’t get a credit even if we wanted! I am actually tempted to use more points to change his flight to monday night anyway, hearing there may be a system moving through midweek, and the Monday flight doesn’t require a plane change. Would hate to have him stuck if he missed connection Tuesday night!!</p>

<p>I think the people who are getting credits booked a bit later than when the schedule was first released. For my son’s flight to Chicago, prices have never decreased since we initially booked in May.</p>

<p>most people probably didn’t book in may. i know i didn’t.</p>

<p>Some of us are more OCD than others.</p>

<p>haha. yes, i know … i am looking at a particular CC poster right now! haha</p>

<p>i was actually planning on not having kid come home for thanksgiving, since it is so close to the end of the semester. then she didn’t come home for fall break, so plans changed.</p>

<p>turns out she may be finished with the semester one week and one day after returning from thanksgiving. :/</p>

<p>^ Yes, but malanai can’t help it. :)</p>

<p>It’s all about the points. Makes life so much easier. Can book a few options and cancel what isn’t used. Best thing I did when son chose UA was to open up the SW credit card.</p>

<p>After talking to my daughter she asked me to get her on the early flight, yes I am a bad parent that i did not encourage her to go to her one morning class!! So happy she will be here 9 hours earlier AND that I saved $98. Just stinks I will have to pay for another shuttle, but I am going to call and ask if I could just change to the 4am slot. It is worth a phone call.</p>

<p>After talking to my daughter she asked me to get her on the early flight, yes I am a bad parent that i did not encourage her to go to her one morning class!! So happy she will be here 9 hours earlier AND that I saved $98. Just stinks I will have to pay for another shuttle, but I am going to call and ask if I could just change to the 4am slot. It is worth a phone call.
(Uck, just saw there are no 4am shuttles! I guess that savings will be spent BUT on the positive side, she will be home 9 hours earlier!!)</p>