SW flight price drop for Tues 11/26

<p>I just rebooked my son’s Thanksgiving flight home. For us, the price dropped by $68. Worth a look to anyone flying SW or Airtran</p>

<p>Amazes me that we can fly from Austin to NYC (Newark) for so much less than we can fly from Austin to Atlanta. Never mind Birmingham. Grrr.</p>

<p>Even worse… I booked 3 of us on AA for spring break to go skiing in FIRST CLASS for less than we are paying to fly SW roundtrip later this month. UGH!<br>
Stupid Wright Amendment!!!</p>

<p>Just checked my D’s SW flight. Totally sold out, even the most expensive fares. I’m glad we booked it in July!</p>

<p>Thanks so much for the “heads up”, Longhaul! Rebooked son’s flight home and saved $52…fight back to school was completely booked on Dec. 1, so no additional savings BUT he still has a seat thanks to booking early!!</p>

<p>When I checked the Southwest website again, within 30 minutes of rebooking the flight, the fare had returned to the original price…timing is everything!</p>

<p>we used frequent flyer points for that trip, so no help for us. </p>

<p>the flights seem like they have doubled since our daughter started school. :(</p>

<p>Timing is everything! Fares for our January trip dropped so I rebooked and saved $52 :). Will come in handy as credit on our next SW trip.</p>

<p>Rebooked tickets for Dec, Jan and Feb today for lots of destinations on SWA. And Mike, you can save with reduced fares purchased with points. They just put the extra points back on your account. I reduced got 1500 points back today on two different flights! Add to that the $123 in credit and I am ahead close to one whole trip! And DD is not even at Bama yet!</p>

<p>nc mom - i know. we happened to use united points for this particular trip. :)</p>

<p>That pesky united! They are nearly as nice as SWA!!</p>

<p>Thanks so much for the heads up! Price dropped $74 from when I booked in early Oct.</p>

<p>Agree, Mike, at the price increase since our kids started. Son’s first flight home was nonstop and 86 bucks. Now he has to change planes in Texas and takes as long to fly as the train almost. We use one or the other depending on time of day traveling. The train is much cheaper, but only one run a day either way.</p>

<p>I was shocked to see all the sold out flights not just for Thanksgiving, but for Fall Break return. Since when did Birmingham become a demand destination?</p>

<p>I miss the old Rapid Rewards program where you just added up trips for free flights. With the new point system, I always book Business Select for a few dollars more, to get the most points and totally refundable if plans change. Hoping to cash in those points for a nice vacation after graduation.</p>

<p>Remember to also try and book rental cars thru SWA to gain more points. I typically book hotels direct but don’t mind using the airlines system to book hotels that are connected for even more points if that is the better option.</p>

<p>@Montegut – I was shocked that I couldn’t get a Spring Break flight out on Friday. You would think B’Ham is Miami Beach.</p>

<p>Maybe when they get the old terminal rebuilt there will be more flights added to/from Bham.</p>