SSTP @ Iowa 2022

Couldn’t find a 2022 thread so started one here.

But, does anyone know what the acceptance rate is? Especially for rising Juniors, since I’ve heard they rarely accept any, but another CC thread said it was roughly the same amount

Also, what do they look for in applications? I’ve never really done any lab research or work, so I was wondering if I still have a chance

If anyone could help with these questions, that would be amazing!

i got waitlisted (alternate) what are the chances of getting off the waitlist. applied as neuro/psychiatry. dm me if you wanna talk more or if ur in the same position.

also…they said on the website results come out on the 1st of april so i literally had a heart attack when they emailed me with a subject that said “SSTP: Alternate” like geez the result was in the title lmaoo

1 Like

same, alternate for electrical and computer engineering

I’m also an alternative😳. Seems like there are a lot this year

I am an alternate too… Good luck for me.

Bruh i got accepted. It’s online though bc im international, is online easier to get in or smth does anyone know?

whats the acceptance rate to this program? is this program actually worth it for college admissions? 7.5K dollars is an insane amt to pay for a summer program.

Probably easier, maybe they accept more ppl

The acceptance rate is usually 10-15%. It’s a pretty prestigious program, so if you can afford it, it’s definitely a good option. There are free/state-funded programs that do the same thing though.

Does this program admit more students from Iowa?

Anyone gets accepted off the waitlist yet?

Nope.

anyone else got off the waitlist. im losing hope :confused:

Don’t lose hope. Believe yesterday was the first deadline for folks to put down the deposit. So waitlist decisions would only come out in the next week or two. All the best

1 Like

ah tysmm for the kind words

I heard the acceptance was due on April 8th for people who were accepted. Is anyone getting out of waitlist status here?

Just for curious. Anyone get off the waitlist? :joy: Do they send an email informing from being alternate to rejected?

Have not heard either. Hoping this week. Curious if anyone has tried contacting them to check on the status/timing of their decisions for alternates

Our kid was accepted from the waitlist. We sent a letter of continued interest.

1 Like

Congrats on getting in! Could you tell what all did you include in the letter of continued interest? I am an alternate so that would be really helpful.