Stanford Admissions for Applicants Fall 2022

no interview for us in DC area. not sure if interviews are still offered

My daughter had an interview last Friday (2/18) and she said it went really well. It was very casual and more of a discussion than a formal interview. We’re hoping it helps her chances of getting accepted! Good luck to all the applicants!

1 Like

No interviews for my DS as well

We got an interview (DC area) and it was super pleasant but the (young) alumni was from CA and not even remotely close to the major my son applied for so it was definitely not evaluative. I cannot think these interviews have much relevance and wouldn’t read into it if you did not get one.

2 Likes

Any likelys?

Does anyone still see “update application” button and addresses in your portal? If this is not appropriate please move this to another thread.

1 Like

still have update button and my address on my portal

1 Like

Yes. Updated with a recent Nat’l award but have doubts about whether it’s really too late or not?

I have a question, I was reading back at the chat and they mentioned that we were supposed to submit our mid-year grades, but it never asked me to submit one through my portal or it doesn’t even appear anything like that in my portal, was I supposed to do it somewhere else?

Your counselor was supposed to send the mid-year reports to the colleges.

1 Like

ask your counselor if the report is sent, and the receipt of mid-year report does not appear on the portal.

• but the receipt of mid-year report does not appear on the portal whether your counselor submitted it or not.
1 Like

I know that from last year Stanford allowed us to know the decision early by removing some buttons (update application etc) for certain applicants, so is there anything like this for this year as well?

1 Like

What was the theory? What outcome was predicted by the missing buttons? Did the portal astrology turn out to be true?

1 Like

Does anyone know when decisions will be released?

We were wondering this as well. It’s the only school that has not put a date out there for decisions for the remainder of my daughter’s
schools.

I read somewhere that it’s usually the day after Ivy day, which means we are anticipating April 6th based on last year (but I see the following poster said April 1st, and a quick search shows that people are anticipating March 31st as Ivy day).

In years past they have usually released the day after Ivy Day. So I’m guessing they’ll release on Apr 1 this year.

3 Likes

Not that we are expecting an acceptance lol but it will be the last reach school she hears
From. Thanks!

3 Likes

Same here his last school to release. Stanford is by far his #1 choice. But probably the least likely to gain admittance.

3 Likes