Stanford Admissions for Applicants Fall 2022

Universities will determine if it’s unethical or not.

Yeah, that never happened. Urban legend.

2 Likes

For real? I think I saw articles about it. Then it’s a false news?

I think there have been cases but they were hacking.

Yes. Hacking would be an altogether different story.

So are we saying the theory here is if there are two places for an address - this is believed to be an indicator of acceptance closer to?

Does the address have to be in both areas, if the same?

We have two places for addresses but since it’s the same address, the ‘if different’ spot is empty – because it’s not different.

Because I see the same thing, it most likely don’t mean anything.

Also anything done on the website when signed in to the account can be easily tracked. I check my portal only to see if the college requested anything new and not crawl around the site to see what else I can do. But, everyone is different.

i have that as well !! stanford was my dream school for years but chances are so slim so i’ll not have my hopes up yet. still hoping this is good news :]

Is there a single person whose address is not listed on their portal? I doubt there’s anyone but if there is one it would be surprising.

Are you saying applications can be rescinded for just checking out the PDF? How is there anything unethical about that?

1 Like

I have the same address, but it appears in both locations.

Ok – but I don’t think we ever had 2 … so we’ve been rejected since the day of submitting the application?

I was trying to say that universities can track our activity when we are logged in and if we try to access the pdf that is not visible on the portal it “could” become problematic.

I also see like this. I don’t think it means anything whether we see same address listed twice or not.

Also, I can edit it – so I could add a 2nd address in there if I wanted to…

In your common application, did you manually enter mailing address?

I don’t remember entering a mailing address. On Vanderbilt, for example, I only have one permanent address listed.

Check your common app-> profile if mailing address is listed. Mine is not listed.

It most likely means nothing. The chances of me getting into Stanford is close to 0% :rofl: