Stanford Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Based on Stanford’s website:

Interview Areas

The interview program is in the following areas and will expand further in California and internationally for future admission cycles.

United States and U.S. Territories

• All states (interviews are not offered in the following California counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Santa Clara, San Francisco, San Mateo).

They prioritize geographic areas where candidates have less access to learn about Stanford (i.e. physical proximity or access), it seems.

1 Like

I live in California and no interview yet.

Can anyone chance me?

My Background:
South-Asian brown guy from Nepal
Non-binary Gender fluid person
Only openly queer person in my school/community
Only person in my community who can speak English fluently

Financial Aid like I cant afford at all
Stats:
65%( I graduated in 2015 so it’s an old educational model of Nepal’s education system). So according to my school 65% in grades= A(4.0)
Most demanding courses throughout HS
Test Optional
No Ap/Ib/A level offered
120 on duo-lingo

Advance Diploma In Hospitality Managagemt ( Even though it was non-Academic they did grade us and I got like 80% which is like A+)

Essay- Personal story about survival (8/10)
LOR- 9/10

EC’s:
Queer Right/Mental Health/Anti-Bullying Activist
Board Member/Volunteer Member in an organization called Queer Youth Group. We work with national and international organizations (Non profit established/registered by me and some friends)
Member of an affiliation which looks over the queer right activists called Queer Right Collective
Full time work in my grandfather’s farm since 2013(family responsibility)
Teacher/Mentor for childrens in my community for 4 years (since 2015)
Organizer of Nepal’s First Pride Parade(National Level)
Organizer of Nepal’s second annual but first virtual pride parade(National Level)
Teaching children who cannot attend school due to the pandemic
Hospitality internship in Mauritius

2 Likes

My son has not received an invitation for an interview. How does Stanford decide on who or who not to interview? We are in Maryland.

It is purely by availability of interviewers in the area. There is no preselection.

Thank you.

We are in Maryland as well and no interview yet.

Thank you for letting me know. Good luck!

My son received interview request today. Did you hear anything?

Nothing yet.

We are from NY and haven’t got any alumni interview yet.
Does anybody know when would they stop sending alumni interviews?

2 Likes

Best wishes. What date did they offer you? We are still waiting for alumni interview…

1 Like

Thank you for the wishes. My son was offered dates for next week. I am not sure which day they agreed on. Best wishes to you as well.

What does interview invitation mean? does it mean the application is more interesting than others or is it sent to everyone who applies?

It only means that there is an available alumni interviewer in your area. There is no prescreening.

People on Reddit were talking about Stanford likely letters just came out. Anyone here received it? Do they usually send out the letters in waves or just one batch?

where did you see it in reddit

I don’t think CC allows reddit link (I previously had a link removed by admin). Just search “stanford likely letter” under the ApplyToCollege sub.

How much does one essay matter? I think the essays and short answers I wrote were pretty good, apart from the essay about what is meaningful to you. I wrote about how I like the Christmas season because of the traditions and how it brings my family together, but looking back, I feel like that was a poor answer, compared to the possible other answers I could have given. Does one subpar essay hurt your app that much? I’m satisfied with the other parts of my app, but this essay has me tearing my hair out and stressing that I blew an otherwise good opportunity.

You never know what will appeal to the AO reading your essays. A personal essay could be better to someone than a generic essay about climate change. My son wrote the same essay about playing with his sister and their stuffed animals and he was accepted early action.

1 Like