STATS need to get money from U. of Miami

<p>Generally, what scores, grades (Weighted/unweighted), other stats. does one need to get scholarship money from the U., and how much does it usually give.
For example, does a 650/650 with a 3.5 unweighted do it? How about 670/670 with 3.7 unweighted? Does weighted GPA and number of AP courses come into play? When does the U. notify you of $$$ award.
I applied EA. The U. is definitely in my top 3.</p>

<p>Okay well I have a 4.86 weighted GPA: 3.96 unweighted. I’m 7/512 in my class, so about the top 2%. I scored a 32 on the ACT. I received $28k. Class rank matters just as much as test scores do. A 32 translates to a 1420 on the SAT. If you send them scores from the SAT and the ACT, they’ll only consider the one you scored higher on. (My SAT CR&M was about 1250: not as good). You can get anywhere from 5k to 30k per year. Good luck!</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.collegeview.com/schools/university-of-miami/financialaid?partnerID=41[/url]”>http://www.collegeview.com/schools/university-of-miami/financialaid?partnerID=41&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>This should help a lot. Good luck :)</p>

<p>Wow. That is helpful. Thanks. It looks like I may miss by 20 points. Hopefully, my grades, essays, class rank and extras will push me over the top. Oh well, only time will tell.</p>

<p>Not to be negative but my D2 is a freshman at Miami this year. She had about 3.7 weighted GPA and 32 ACT. She got no merit money. Hopefully you will have better luck!</p>

<p>It really depends on class rank. If you aren’t in the top ten percent of your class, there may be no chance of merit money :confused: sorry</p>

<p>mum, I don’t take that as a negative, at all. Just the opposite. I have a 3.7 unweighted with 12 AP classes. My weighted is over 4.0 and I am right at the top 10% of my class. …Something like 35/335. I may not get the money, but it would make my decision so much easier. UVM has given me $50K, but I would much prefer the llll__llll. I have a lot of options, but I don’t want to have to think about it too hard…or give my parents a reason to try to dissuade me from my #1.</p>

<p>WasastcSkler, that’s great that your weighted GPA is so high and that you are in the top 10%. My D2 went to a very competitive high school and she was not in the top 15%. So although she had an excellent ACT, her GPA and class rank were not up there like yours. Good luck, I hope you get in with lots of $$$. My D2 lives it there and could not be happier!</p>

<p>Thanks. I think that with a 32ACT, your D was ripped. Sometimes, I think that some things are arbitrary. I hope to see her at the lll__lll in Sept.</p>

<p>Momof2 same with my son (class of 2017)no money, but he loves the []_[], and my daughter just got in ED this year (class of 2018).</p>

<p>Ddahwan, did your daughter get any merit money? (Congratulations, by the way!!)</p>

<p>Nope. Her GPA was high but she only had a 30 ACT. I expected though. In her school even kids that got into Princeton only got $15,000. Congrats Narissa.</p>

<p>As another point of reference, my DS, a freshman at the U, had an ACT 32 and got $15k merit. His WGPA was 4.0 and he was in the top 5% of his class. So just going by those stats, you really have merit results all over the place.</p>

<p>I took the SAT 1x (670CR/660M). I have a 3.7 unweighted and 4.1ish weighted with 12 AP courses at a top 200 in country public H.S… Top 10 or 11% (depending on the 1/4). No varsity sports, but loads of EC with children and a ski instructor position teaching children at one of the most respected hills in the country (Deer Valley). I would like to get $20K/yr. from the U. What do you think?</p>

<p>When should merit offers arrive for EA acceptances?</p>

<p>The acceptance letter said late March.</p>

<p>@WasatchSk1er did you submit ACT scores? based on your SATs 1430 is in the 32 neighborhood. If you are at least top 10 percentile rank then based on last years numbers you should see $18-20K. the only question would be the lower uw GPA</p>

<p>Those were just guesstamates. My actual #s are 670CR, 660M. 3.7 unweighted, 4.2 weighted. As of mid-term 1/14, Rank top 12%. I’m close. We will see.</p>