Does anybody know about UM scholarships?

<p>All I saw on the site for UM merit scholarships were that they ranged from 5k to 30k. Do they have set guidelines for ACT/SAT scores, rank, and GPA which determine how much you would get or is it more of a holistic thing?</p>

<p>My brother got a 24k scholarship with a 3.5 GPA and 2100+ SAT. I would ideally like at least 10k in merit aid (I would probably not get need-based aid) but my SAT (Math/CR) is only a 1310 and my GPA is a 3.77. However, I am top 3% of my class so would they consider that at all?</p>

<p>You should be able to get something! Google “net price calculator university of Miami,” and you’ll find a good estimate. Have you ever taken the ACT?</p>

<p>Thanks! I will do that. My ACT superscore is a 30 (previous scores were 28 and 29).</p>

<p>That’s around the same range as your SATs. But you should get a lot of money just for being top 3%</p>

<p>US News has changed their ranking formula…unfortunately many colleges may change admissions/scholarships criteria at their universities. I agree its not fair… Google it …here’s a quote “the student selectivity indicator in our ranking model has been adjusted so that the weight of high school class standing drops from 40 percent to 25 percent, and the weight of SAT and ACT scores rises from 50 percent to 65 percent”</p>

<p>That sucks! :frowning: I used the calculator and I got only got about 6k. I already sent in my application for Early Action weeks ago. I was wondering if anybody knows if I can take the December SAT and send in those scores? People have told me they think I have a really good chance of getting in, so if I do get in could I use my December scores to get a larger scholarship or would they not be considered at all??</p>

<p>Is it possible to call them and tell them to defer me to regular decision? Has anyone ever done that? Because I reaaaalllllly don’t want such a small scholarship.</p>

<p>You can definitely call and ask. The admissions secretaries are really nice!</p>